cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machines with same Hostnames overwrite WebDynpro JCo Destinations (SLD)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are working with NWDI and virtualized Developer Workplace Machines (on VMWare Images). By this, all Developer Workplace machines have the same hostname. This works fine until teams start developing with Webdynpro JCo Destinations (i.e. for Adaptive RFC).

This is what I think what I figured out what is going on:

- Webdynpro JCo Destinations are managed on the configured SLD (in our case the NWDI SLD)

- SLD identifies the JCo Destination by hostname and destination name

- JCo Destinations are communicated from host to SLD, even though the SLD Data Supplier is configured only for reading SLD content

In our environment with all developer workplaces having the same hostname, we have the effect, that all devlopers workplaces MUST work with the same JCo Destination. Each time a developer updates the destination for his workplace, this update is written to SLD and therefore the destination of all other workplaces is changed as well.

So my question is: Is there any option to stop developer workplaces writing their JCo Destinations to the central SLD without loosing the functionality to read other CIM Data from their (Name Reservation, Tehcnical System Landscape) ?

We are operating Developer Workplaces on following Releases: 6.40 SP15, 6.40 SP17, 7.00 SP12 and 7.10 SP5.

Any help appreciated,

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

As of now we are using Content Administrator to manage and maintaing the JCO destinations to the systems which are configured in SLD.

If you eliminate this jco destinations or if you want to decide not to use these JCOs ,You have option with JCO API.

Manually you need to code in your programs to connect any R/3 System.As there is no option to maintain JCO destinations other than Content Admin with SLD configured with land scape.

Regards

Kalyan

Answers (0)