cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLG1 Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are running a web application which creates SLG1-entries when errors occures.

How can I start transaction SLG1, so that I can read the result out from spool. We need to start the trasnsaction periodically.

Thanks and regards

Gabriel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't understand your question...

SLG1 is use to analize the application logs... so if web application is writing to the application log just enter the right search criteria.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I need to tun the transaction in background periodically, so that somebody can read the spool, if there are any errors.

Is this possible?

Regards Gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gabriel,

In case you don't know the object and sub object you can search on basis of the run data and time of the transaction. SLG1 provides that option.

With Regards.

Ruchit.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SLG1 is an analisys tool and as far as i know cannot be executed in the background (as in a periodical job).... so from that point of view no.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

Thanks for the last answer. I was getting the whole thing wrong. So the requirement is to run SLG1 in background mode.

I too agree that it is not possible using SLG1.

Regards.

Ruchit.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my pleasure ;-)....

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your answers. Is there any other transaction/report/solution to be able just to see if there are application log entries wich can be run as a background job?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not that i remember, you can always ask your abaper to build a report that can run as a background job and create a spool for you as long as you know what tables to get the information from.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might like to check SBAL_DISPLAY and then work backwords from it.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is one issue though. When you execute SLG1 you get a list of logs for the selection criterion. Now when you want to do a detailed analsysis of logs then SLG1 probably makes use of CALL SCREEN and LEAVE TO LIST-PROCESSING commands.

Normally all such programs which make use of call screen generally don't work in background. I have expperinced this for some transactions. It gives an ABAP dump DYNPRO_Not ... something.

So basically this requirement is tough. Reason being simple. Suppose for an object,sub-object,date time combination you have multiple logs then in foregorund you may choose which logs you want to display. The intial log info is fetched from BALHDR table. After that when you select a log and display details SAP fetches details from some other source probably using function pool SAPLSBAL. Now if you create a report in background then you can't have the step which allows used to select the log for which he wants to display data. You just need to show the detailed logs for all application logs generated for the combination given in selection screen.

May be this might help you in desigining the ABAP report.

Regards.

Ruchit.