cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task status is not updated in MDM Data Manager thru UWL in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

i am working on the one sample scenario like accessing the MDM data in portal thru UWL then we assign the tasks to user then they can check their tasks/jobs by logging into portal with their username/password then they will perform Approve/Reject operation.

for that i already created one workflow in MDM data manager with different components like Start,Process,Approve and Stop.

now i am able to integrate those MDM task in my portal after the required configuration.

in this sample scenario there are two users are involved one is "dummy" and another is "Admin".

so when the MDM workflow process is started by adding/updating the record then the task is assigned first to the "dummy" user then that dummy user when logging into portal and perform the operation for next step thru "Assume" then the task will be assigned to Admin user for approval.

now the admin user logging into portal and make the operation as "Approval" button then the status is not updated in MDM system for that particular task.

can you please help what is the problem here??

now tell me what is the meaning of that "Assume" , in portal .is it meaning of "next step"??

in my case the approver and owner are the same user i.e "Admin"

Thanks . need Quick reply

Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

In MDM workflows When the execution type of any process is 'any Single' that means out of all the users assigned for that task any single user can perform that task at that time one user needs to assume the task and the other user needs to perform that task.

For eg if there are two usesr, user1 and user2 for performing a particular task and both are having the same role.

Then if one is the owner of the workflow he has to assume the task and only the other user is actually allowed to perform the task (in your case approval).

For the task to get reflected in MDM it should not take much of a time.For that you need to sure that the task is fully completed.

So after you approve the records click on DONE in P under the task pane in EP.IF after this step you have stop step then intead of DONE, NEXT STEP button will appear.

click on that and complete your workflow then check in MDM data manager ,that particular workflow task should disapper ,if so then you should see the change in mDM ,Refresh Data manger if required.

The problem here could be that your Workflow step is APPROVE.

So when you approve your records you will any ways not see any changes in the records,they will only be approved and will remain as it is in MDM.

Try using Process step with two users and make some change sin the record details and the see it will be reflected in MDM.

Hope it helped

Kindly reward points if found useful

Thanks

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Assume : Assume operation is not related to portal.It is the part of MDM Workflows only.Say the Workflow owner="Dummy" and the assigned user for the step is say "Admin" then in this situation user Dummy can view all the tasks currently running because he is the owner and also he can Assume that he is the current user of that task and can perform that step.

UWL approach does take some time to communicate with MDM i.e. it will take some time to update it in MDM.Refresh the Data Manager or try opening-closing of Data Manager once.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja