cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI 7.1: Install new app in the client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i have an application, i upload the application by the transaction SDOE_UPLOAD_ARCHIVE , all work fine, i assign the application to the device.

I sync my device but not install the application and not appear nothing.

In the manage device appear this app "Installed" but in the device not appear nothing about the app. Why?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will make it more clear..

1. In NWDS 7.1 - go to Window - Preferences - Mobile - Laptop - Client - and give path of your Netweaver mobile client installation directory and optionally you can give userid and pwd in User Authentication settings.

2. Now right click on your application/development component and say Deploy, this will deploy the sda file onto your client and now you also have option to run from NWDS which internally starts the NW Mobile client 7.1

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have all configure, but i haven´t nothing about "Deploy"

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snap67in1.jpg

My application is import from .war of MI 7.0

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry. I gave info for the new laptop applications. But for MI project you can click on button, where it says "MDK: Export MI project into archive" then chose yor application - click on NEXT - check if the deployment foldder points to your NW mobile client pathand if you have any JSP's choose them as compiled classes.

Also click on the check box which says "Run the mobile application" , Also click the checkbox which says "create SDA archive" and click on finish.

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do it, but while is creating a MI Archive File, appear an error that say: "Java Virtual Machine Launcher: Could not find the main class. Program will exit."

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This looks like a java error. Check in Window - Preferences - Java - Installed JRE's if it is properly configured to right instllation.

If that is proper then there might be some problem with your application's build path. Right click on your project - Build Path- Configure Build path and see if it is proper.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have all correct:

http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snap70os5.jpg

Thanks,

Edited by: Victor Capi on Apr 16, 2008 12:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I go to Software Packaged Administration.

There is an application, i assign my device, and when i start MI, appear an alert about new application, i install it... and same that work fine, i execute the application and appear an error:

Error: 500
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
	at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.loader.CommonClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.loader.CommonClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.loader.CommonClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveClassLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveClassLoader.java:464)
	at org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveServletLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveServletLoader.java:174)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:265)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:289)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:254)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:806)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:752)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:213)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

What is this error?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of Java are you using to create the sca file, and what version is the client trying to use? the error says you are using an older version of Java and trying to load a class compiled under a newer version of java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now, i solve this problem... but i don´t know how...

My problem now is, when i intent export and execute the application by the NWDS 7.1, appear this error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: /C
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: .C
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
Exception in thread "main" 

I create the war in MI 7.0 with jdk 1.5, i import the war in MI 7.1 with jdk 1.5 and execute the application with jdk 1.5

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Please go to Windows->Preferences->MDK and change the "Client logon password" to your Mobile 7.1 client password. This error should be resolved then.

Warm Regards,

Biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After looking at the image, it looks like it installed successfully on the client. The only option I would see now as it is anyway installed is try the other option i have specified.

Deploy the application locally from NWDS and see if you get the application link in the home page.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don´t understand the step 2:

"2. Try to deploy the SDA file locally by right clicking on the application and say deploy but before that do step 1 and check if you are getting the application link."

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dint get your question completely. But I would suggest you few options.

1. Check in that installation directory on the client, if the application deployed on the middleware is properly/completely downloaded to the client with that folder name. SDA file should be extracted as a folder or check if it is present as SDA file.

2. If it is presend as a SDA file, then restart the client and go to settings, installed applications and see if there is any error.

3. Check the trace file in installation directory\log\trace.trc file and see if there are any errors.

or

Try this option:

1. From the NWDS 7.1, configure your settings under window - preferences- mobie applications for laptop i guess and configure your installation directory.

2. Try to deploy the SDA file locally by right clicking on the application and say deploy but before that do step 1 and check if you are getting the application link.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do the first three steps... And all is correct:

http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snap64mv4.jpg

But the application not appear in the home of the device.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check on the client if this applications is installed, I mean you can go to installation directory on the client and check under mobileapps folder if there is any application installed.

You can even check the trace file and see if there is any error while installing on the client.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The application is a migration of 7.0.

This application is installed in C:\directory\SAP\SAP Netweaver Mobile Client\tomcat\webapps

Thanks,