cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Assigning & Into in Smartforms Loop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

What is the difference between these Assigning & Into in Loop?

Thanks in advance

Regards

az

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member210123
Active Participant
0 Kudos

you use an internal table with header line, you must use INTO and as the work area specify the same table name as in the input field Internal Table.

With ASSIGNING the field symbol specified in the work area points to the selected entry, which means that there is no copy process (important for large tables). Note that in such a case the field symbol must be declared in the global data of the form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

Thanks for your reply

I used Assigning in my loop and it is declared in global declaration.

But im getting an error.

Do we need to declare it in print program also?

Thanks

az

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it is in form source code (Inside the loop) you should mention the objects in input parameters. and if you want to use resulted objects outside of the loop or node you should mention in output parameters.

If you define vaiables in form interface, then only you should define in print program.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu

So, you mean if we want to use internal table with header line (into) or field symbol (assigning), we also have to define it in print program besides defining in form interface (import tab) for it with header line while for fs defining in form interface (tables tab) and global definitions (field symbol tab).

Is it like that?

Please advise..Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to declare it in driver program.

The Looping table and Field symbol which u ve declared in the field-symbol tab of the global declaration should be of same structure.

Regards,

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu

I declared field symbol in smartforms but im getting an error, "Incorrect parameter with CALL FUNCTION". The parameter mentioned in the analysis is my parameter name which I declared in Form Interface tables tab.

Please advise.

Thanks

az

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the prob is not with the Itab and Field-symbol. The prob is seemed to be with the Function Calling. Do u call any FM in Smartform? If so, pls check the parameters for that FM.

Better u double click the error line, this itself ll lead u to the exact error code or window. From there u can proceed further.

Hope this ll help u

Regards,

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu

Yes, the smartform print program include FM. I already checked the code and the list under TABLES contain all the Parameter name from Form Interface Tables tab. So if I want to add new item in Form Interface, then I have to add the item in FM too?

Thnks

az

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ofcourse u ve to add those parameters in that FM.

Better u once again call that FM by going to pattern option, if u ve changed the Smartform's form interface parameters. This itself asks u all necessary parameters to that Fm.

Regards,

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu

How do I go to this pattern option? Can you briefly tell me, since this is my first smartform which I have to customized.

Thanks

az

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope u r working program which calls ur Smartform. To call ur smartform in ur program, goto 'Environment menu' in ur smartform and copy the name of the Smartform FM name (which gets generated by the system).

Now in se38, click the button 'Pattern' which is near 'pretty printer' icon. Dialog window appears, where paste ur Smartform FM name and proceed.

And also if u need to call a FM in the Smartform Program lines window, u can do it by clicking the "statement struc" icon which is next to "Check syntax" icon.

Regards,

Prabhu

Answers (0)