cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container Variable value not reflected in Alert message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In BPM, i am trying to set an Alert message which will send the message in alert Inbox. Here i have stored a value from the message in a container variable. This Container variable value is used in the Alert message in the form of &variable&. But whenever i specify container variable value, it is not reflected in the Long text of Alert Inbox. In Alert category i have also checked the Dynamic text. Still it is not coming.

Can u suggest what is the possible solution for this.

Thanks in advance

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Did u check the weblog by Michal,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have checked Michal's weblog and did all the steps accordingly. But the Alert message was not seen in the Long Text of Alert Inbox.

When i just give text, that is displayed in the Alert Inbox, but when i use a variable in the text then that text is not displayed in the Alert Inbox.

Does some kind of settings needs to be done for using those variables ???

Thanks in advance

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

did you find a solution, I´m experiencing the same problem,

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

found the solution, changing the container variable from "Block" to "Process"

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to get the Alert Message by changing container variable from "Block " to "Process". But It was containing the value of the first message.

Actually i am having a scenario in which i am transforming a File message input into multiple messages based on its PO number using multi mapping. These messages are send as IDOCs using Parrallel for Each block, where i store the PO number in the container variable and use it in alert message. So for that i have to use this block name as container and not as a Process.

Can anybody tell me why this Container Variable value is not reflected in the alert message.

Thanks in advance

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ashish..

this wud answer..

regards..

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal,

do you mean refreshing the CPACache?

I still don´t get it to work ok,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone found a solution for this problem

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What SP are you using ?

Collegue of mine had the same problem, worked on SP 13. The upgrade to SP15 did the trick.

We had a simular problem ( ), still working on the update to SP15. I'll let you know if it works out for us too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error I had was fixed using the current element in the block and the container variable both defined with scope " Process"

That fixed the problem and was able to see the dynamic alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do you define the scope of a container variable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You define the scope in the Container window,

you have a column named "Container" where you can specify teh scope "Process"

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ALRTCATDEF?

Is it possible that I don't have this option since we are still on SP09?

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, in your BPM in XI in the Container

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK...I already had that set to process. Must be something else causing my issue. First thing I am going to do get some service packs.

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are on SP15 and trying to send alerts from CCMS to ALM (not using BPM). We are also getting <container> not found error when alerts end up in the RWB Alert inbox. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

go through the note 913858.

it will solve your problem

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thank you for the suggestion. Pl help me understand. Note 913858 says, "If you are on SP15, please also implement the notes 906044 and 904825."

906044 - XI30 Alerting: Wrong hostanme in the URL of the XI Alert.

904825 - Synchronous message processing: Error in CCMS connection

Neither of these notes appear to be related to the <container> not found error I see in the alerts in the RWB alert inbox. May be I am missing something.

Thanks!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajmad,

The same note, under the questions look at Question 1.

<i>Why are the container variables not filled in the Alert Inbox whereas in the email all variables are resolved?

A1: This is due to a bug in a BOR container import method. Please implement note <b>835031.</i></b>

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for pointing that out.

This note is not needed for SP15 which is what we are using. Any other thoughts? Anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone found a resolution for this in the past two weeks? We are on SP15 and still cannot get the container variables to populate (ex. &SXMS_TO_SERVICE&).

And/or...Can anyone verify for me that I don't have to do anything in my BPM (where alert gets triggered) concerning the container and setting/populating the variables such as SXMS_TO_SERVICE do I? I am assuming these are XI variables that should just resolve themselves once I get the right note working.

Thanks!

Message was edited by: Keith Wendel