cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have moved the design and configuration from quality XI server to product XI server. But when I start the Communication Channel in RWB, the LED is green, and I cannot get the log details at log area. The communication Channel is file adapter for FTP. The ftp file cannot be picked up. In fact, communication Channel is not executed. I have check SLD for product, software, business system and Technical system, no error is found. Anyone can tell me the reason about that?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Li,

Things to check:

1. If you have adopted the file based transportation approach then you will loose configuration channel related data .

you need to feed the data.

2. If you have adopted the CMS transportation approach, then case will be different

a) Try to ping the FTP server from XI Prod Server, it should ping .

b) If it is showing green it means it is able to locate the FTP server, kindly check the file name once again....

Let us know the scenario also and also how the scenario is behaving differently

Note : File Name is case sensitive 1.xml is different from 1.XML

Regards,

venky_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi CF,

Check Adapter specific Identifiers

Check FTP connection in Communication Channel

Thanks,

Venkatesh

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.CF.,

1. First check whether have u transported SLD objects from quality to prod.. if transported as u are accessing the FTP server again reset the username and password and refresh it save it again and activate the communication channel..

the problem was clear that with connecting the FTP server, most probably the problem occurs when the username and pwd of the FTP server doesn't match.. and in the second case check with the file name with its extensions that is given in the sender directory including its path..

so if u able to resolve this issue u may goahead..

post me if u have any queries..

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi cf Li

it seems that your adapter is not picking up file

Follow theses steps

1) check the name of your input file given in communication channel (name is case sensitive)

2)also check the path and name of your directory this is also case sensitive

3) check rights on the input folder and output folder

you must have given full rights to these folders

4) also check your sender agreement

make the necessary change activate it and then Make a cache refresh through SXI_CACHE

then your scenario must work

good luck

regards

sandeep sharma

If helpful kindly reward points

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

your file adapter is not picking up the file,

first check the status in RWB from cc monitoring(production)

and then check the file permissions.

and let us know, still u r facing the problem.

warm regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you used any business system in this case???

Have u done the SLD transport in this case??

Make sure that the service/ system used in DEV and the PRD is pointing the same

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLD was transported by exporting and importing from Quality SLD to Production SLD. Design and Configuration was transported by CMS. For business system in Quality server, Transport Targets cannot be specified for production. In production SLD I specify the Transport source for business system.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

change the File Channel in PROD system like give some description and save and Active.

Now check the status of File Adapter from RWB.

Thanks

Gujjeti