Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of login/password_logon_usergroup parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I want to learn if login/password_logon_usergroup can be used for more than 1 group.

I'd like to say for example;

we can use;

login/password_logon_usergroup = ADMINS

can we use;

login/password_logon_usergroup = ADMINS, TECHUSERS, ...

<removed_by_moderator>

Tolga

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Apr 16, 2008 2:45 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tolga,

unfortunately the profile parameter login/password_logon_usergroup can only have one single entry as a value.

b.rgds, Bernhard

4 REPLIES 4

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tolga,

unfortunately the profile parameter login/password_logon_usergroup can only have one single entry as a value.

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to use login/password_logon_usergroup

I set the other parameter fine and restarted the server - all users in the group login/password_logon_usergroup can login by using id/password but if I add a new user in the group - they are not able to login by using id/password but able to login Portal SSO - do i have to restart the server every time i add a new user to the group login/password_logon_usergroup

If so - then it is really very inconvenience - every time i have a new user who needs to login by using id/password (SAP GUI) - and i add them and having the server to be restarted.

Any help or suggestions would be cordially appreciated.

0 Kudos

At least you used the search to dig up this ancient thread... In future I suggest opening a new question with a link to this one as background, because your question is different.

I faintly suspect that you are adding the user to the group in transaction SUGR and not the group to the user on the login data tab in SU01? The "groups" tab is a different concept for selection screen and reporting.

Up until release 7.00 (approximately?) the backend table behind this (USR02) was buffered on the application server. SU01 writes the buffers to the database and exits the transaction when saved to remove locks.

Try it that way.

Cheers,

Julius

ps: If you are using CUA and making the change from there, then it is a different "ball game" ... (balls = IDocs

0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply.

I in fact created the brand new user by using su01 and gave them the same authorization group (BTW I am fairly new to SAP World) from Logon Tab

Any suggestion / idea would be greatly appreciated.