cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we create our own fuctions to use in the validation and assignment expressions of MDM?

If it is possible, Could anyone explain the procedure?

Thanks,

Narendra.M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge, No, you can just try with already provided.

Reward if solve your query.

BR,

Alok

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra

Check the option of a callable validation. You might find it helpful in some situations.

A callable validation can be reused later on in assignment, another validation or search.

Edna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

MDM Expression are excel like formulas used to derive a boolean result for every record.

MDM expression supports a set of functions among which we can use.

I do not think that we can build our own expression in MDM validation or Assignments.

AS MDM Validations do not involve any coding we only need to pick and selct the fields or attributes on which valiadtions have to be run and the function is also to be selected as one of the list provided by mDM.

Outside which i do not feel is possible.

Besides MDM expressions do cover a Wide range of Functions

Hope it helped

Kindly reward points if found useful

Thanks Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to write the user defined functions in Assignment and Validation expressions.You have to use the existing functions only to meet your requirements.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Adding to Alok

This is Very useful document on Validations & Assignments:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/102dc4e5-07c9-2910-93b3-f49c8ed5...

Please go through this document you will get good knowledge on validations and assignments.

I think it may help you.

Regards

Hari