Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuration in xi 3.0 end to end monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi group

Can any one help me ,

The issue is i planning to activating end to end monitoing in XI 3.0 and while saving configuration it showing message“ Note that the old configuration together with all monitoring data will be deleted in the process” suppose if we save this it impact on current configuration?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow these links for End to end monitoring

please refer the link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/dae7037a-0901-0010-f998-fd29d955...

Go through thes blogs.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/24/xi-configuring-ccms-monitoring-for-xi-part-i

/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/04/26/ccms-rule-based-monitors-configuration-guide-for-dummies

/people/dirk.jenrich/blog/2006/06/28/event-log-monitoring-using-ccms-agents

Configuring CCMS Alerts for the Adapter Engine

If processing of a message on the Adapter Engine fails, the message state is changed to faulty. To notify administrators immediately of such processing failures, they can be propagated as alerts to CCMS. As CCMS is the SAP standard interface to third-party monitoring tools, these failure events may also become visible in non-SAP monitoring tools.

Configuration Steps

To make use of Adapter Engine alerts, you must configure the connection to CCMS as follows:

1. Make sure that the J2EE engine on which the Adapter Engine is running is configured to be monitored by the central CCMS system.

To do so, execute transaction RZ20 on your central monitor server. There, the J2EE engine should be visible in the CCMS monitor under SAP J2EE Monitor Templates All Systems. If not, follow the steps described in Chapter 4.2 of the Supportability Setup Guide for SAP NetWeaver 04 on SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/nw04operation.

2. Check whether the Adapter Engine is configured to report errors to CCMS.

To do so, start the Visual Administrator and select service SAP XI AF Core. The value of property CCMSEnabled must be set to true (in lower case letters). If it is not, change the property value to true and restart the service.

To verify that the setting is effective, select the Visual Administrator Monitoring service. Under Root Applications, you should see a node for the Adapter Engine.

Alerting

Once you have performed the configuration steps in the previous section, errors that occur during message processing in the Adapter Engine should show up in both the Visual Administrator of the J2EE engine on which the Adapter Engine runs, and transaction RZ20 on the central monitor server:

Open the Visual Administrator and select the Monitoring service.

Here you should see that the number of errors of the appropriate error category and error code increases when messages fail on the Adapter Engine.

Execute transaction RZ20 on the central monitor server and select the Exchange Infrastructure monitor.

You should find a node for the Adapter Engine here and see the same error information as in the Visual Administrator.

Accuracy

The default polling period for the monitor is 30 minutes. If you want to have shorter polling periods, you can change them in the Visual Administrator as follows:

1. Select the Monitoring service.

2. Select an arbitrary Number of errors entry in the monitoring tree of the Adapter Engine (leaf node).

3. Choose Configuration in the right-hand pane.

4. Choose Edit in the dialog box that appears.

5. Change the polling period to 5 minutes, for instance.

6. Choose Save and wait until saving is finished (be patient, since this may take a while).

7. Select the Configuration Adapter service.

8. On the Display Configuration tab page, select apps sap.com com.sap.aii.af.app Monitoring Configurator monitor-configuration.xml.

9. In the xml file, change the polled-by-template period to the same value as above, for example, 5 minutes.

10. Choose OK to save the modified xml file.

11. Restart the Monitoring service to apply the changes

regards

sandeep

if helpfull kindly reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep

what my problem is ,i finished all pre-configuration steps those are required for end to end monitoring.

*at the final setp of saving end to end configuration it showing message "Note that the old configuration together with all monitoring data will be deleted in the process'

this is the message that was i am getting at the time of saving configuration,suppose if save this one will it impact any current configuration setting

regards,

ravi