cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock in Transit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Giants,

My client wants after PGI the stock should be shown as stock in transit. So how to configure this scenario?

What movement we will use in scheduline category?

Reward points for helpful answer.

Regards

Ashis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Stock intranst will be shown only in the case of stock transfer scenarios. In normal PGI (delivery) the system will not show it in Stock in transit.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

All:

I have a similar issue rather than viewing the Stock In Transit I want the movement of goods to automatically occur at the receiving plant when I post goods issue the delivery at the supplying plant. This would eliminate the need for a Goods Receipt to occur at the receiving plant. So rather than a stock in transit movement occurring upon Post Goods Issue a Receipt would occur. I have seen this work and I don't know if master data on the material drives this or configuration within SPRO. Any help would be appreciated. Points will be rewarded.

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jeremy

You go to SPRO-MM-Purchasing-Purchase order-Setup Stock transfer Order - Select one step procedure for your delivery type, enable tick here.

This would help you avoid doing a GR at the receiving plant.

Mind you, remember the moment PGI is done at the delivering plant auto GR happens at receiving plant.What will happen if some of the goods are damaged in transit. You may have to do manual reversal of the GR and then do the Gr for the right quantity.

goodluck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You...That is exactly what I was looking for. So far we have had success with our Plant to Plant transfers so if the goods are damaged in transit yes we would have an issue. For the most part we are controlling the shipments with our own internal fleet. Geographically these locations are not very far from each other either...If we were moving the material different or further some of our plants are miles apart within the same state. Thank you for your insight as well as pointing me in the right direction. I will award points..

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I award points to SDGUY?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashis

Normally when you do inter plant transfer through 351 movement, you can see the stock in transit via TCode MB5T but for normal sales, you cannot track. May be you can adopt POD process by selecting the field "Relevant for POD" and maintain some timeframe below the above field.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi