cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP e-Sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could someone please provide me link to any knowledge document on e-Sourcing? I work on SAP SRM and am trying to learn e-Sourcing.

Thanks.

Regards

Saravanan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan

In addition to whatever you get on the net, please contact SAP for SRM300 RKT, this will be the right start for you for an overview of the SAP E-Sourcing, this is a 3 days workshop

Just as I briefed another consultant on the forumn, below am just re-inforcing that overview of the subject so that you can extend your reach beyond this overview

THe links will give you a very good read for sure, but to collate the summary of this product and SAP's strategy for SAP E-Sourcing, I have just put a small paragraph for you, please read through and incase you want to know more on the subject per se and if you are a someone highly interested on this product, please feel free to call me on my number mentioned at the end of the trail

Also award me points if you found the Summary appealing

What is SAP E-Sourcing

SAP E-Sourcing (legacy SAP E-Sourcing E Sourcing ) is a product acquired by SAP along with their acquisition of SAP E-Sourcing commerce last year. This tool has functionalities of Sourcing, Contract Management, Category/Sourcing Project Management & Spend Management

This engine, at the first look, seems far more robust than current SRM bidding engine and LAC. While SAP has achieved preliminary integration with R/3 using flat files and CSV files to transfer master data from one system to other, there is a lot to be done on the integration ( SAP R/3 and EBP ) aspects and SAP does already have a plan in place, please see the next slide for the roadmap

The SAP E-Sourcing application helps customers attain bottom-line savings and accelerate time to benefit by cutting costs and encouraging user adoption. Together with the SAP SRM application, SAP E-Sourcing gives customers a complete sourcing-to-contract management process u2013 with several points of entry into the process, multiple delivery model options, and a seamless migration path to transform all purchasing functions.

Benefits include

Dutch auctions (Forward auctions), Auction enhancements

Event message board on the buy side and the sell side, for all sourcing documents

Ability to install & host the application on DB2 database platform

Customers will have an upgrade migration path from existing application lines

For non SAP customers SAP E-Sourcing will continue to be offered as a stand-alone application in addition to its deepening integration to SAP ERP and evolvement as part of SRM 7.0

With the acquisition of SAP E-Sourcing Commerce, SAP has a stronger footprint in the SRM space and with the release of SRM 7.0, SAP is looking at strengthening the functionalities that are currently unavailable in SRM 5.0 (Ex. processes such as spend analysis, collaborative project management, online bidding, contract negotiation, and contract management).

Regards

Tridip

+91 9902764700

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik, Tridip,

Thanks for the very useful information.

Regards

Saravanan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tridip,

Any idea of workshop on CLM?

Thanks,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

Do you have any training material related to CLM?

Thanks,

Saloni