Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to fetch the data from SQL server using JDBC adapter problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any one can help me..

I have configured sender adapter is JDBC and receiver adpter is FILE..these are the configuration in JDBC adapter side..but i'm unable to post any messages in receiver side. even i couldn't see any error message in message monitor .I have set mixed mode DBMS server and installed SQL JDBC driver..or let me know any way to find this kind of errors in XI?

these are the sender configurations:in JDBC!

JDBC Driver: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserverSQLDriver

connection:jdbc.microsoft.sqlserver://10.1.44.11:1433;databseName=SAP_Buffer

quality of service : Exactly Once

Query Select statement : SELECT TransactionNumber,CompanyCode,CustomerNumber FROM dbo.SAP_PaymentReceiptToSAP WHERE CompanyCode='1003'

document name : result

update SQL statment :UPDATE ....

reards

rambarki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether JDBC communication channel is active and in green status.

http://<host>:5<sysnumber>00/mdt/amtServlet

Configuration of JDBC Adapter for SQL Server

JDBC Driver = com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Connection = jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://hostname:<port>;DatabaseName=<DBName>

UserID and Password.

Check the JDBC receiver document format.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. if you using BPM make a simple async send to file step after your DB action. So you could see in SXMB_MONI if you fetch some data...

2. Check your adapter, sometimes it helps to set the flag Database Auto-Commit-enabled in advanced modus to true.

Hope this helps - otherwise keep asking.

Regards Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Thanks for ur reply...

but thing is where do i check this "Check whether JDBC communication channel is active and in green status.

"

and i have given whatever you suggested in sender communcation channel...but i didn't get any message in monitor..

let me know how do i monitor specific adapter?

and clarify me..if i'm wrong..my basis guy missed some J2EE patches for SP14..is this cause for doesn't showing any message?

but the same case ..File to RFC scenrio working fine...! i have posted messages successfully...and got failure message in monitoring..alternately !

i'm just confusing? still i need to more clarity on message mapping and monitoring the objects?

Also let me know .. Still I need to do some steps on message mapping? as a JDBC adapter is a sender!

In my scenrio .i have done mapping between source table structure and target file structure only...in communication channel i configured all the SQL server details and quearid also..

The same concept i applied other tools like Tibco and Seebeyond when i'm working with those tools..similarly i have done same steps in XI..but i'm failed in XI..!!

Waiting for ur reply..

Regards

rambarki..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Thanks for ur reply...

but I'm not using BPM scenrio here..this is simple scenrio.

and i have given all specific things whichever in JDBC sender document ...but i didn't get any message in monitor..

let me know how do i monitor specific adapter?

and clarify me..if i'm wrong..my basis guy missed some J2EE patches for SP14..is this cause for doesn't showing any message?

but the same case ..File to RFC scenrio working fine...! i have posted messages successfully...and got failure message in monitoring..alternately !

i'm just confusing? still i need to more clarity on message mapping and monitoring the objects?

Also let me know .. Still I need to do some steps on message mapping? as a JDBC adapter is a sender!

In my scenrio .i have done mapping between source table structure and target file structure only...in communication channel i configured all the SQL server details and quearid also..

The same concept i applied other tools like Tibco and Seebeyond when i'm working with those tools..similarly i have done same steps in XI..but i'm failed in XI..!!

Waiting for ur reply..

Regards

rambarki..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please chk ur sender message format is :

<resultset>

<row>

<column-name1>column-value</ column-name1>

<column-name2>column-value</ column-name2>

<column-name3>column-value</ column-name3>

</row>

<row>

<column-name1>column-value</ column-name1>

<column-name2>column-value</ column-name2>

<column-name3>column-value</ column-name3>

</row>

</resultset>

You can see ur channel in the adadpter monitor in RWB

Component monitoring>Adapter Engine>Adapter monitoring

Here select the adapter and chk whether if it is green ir not.

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka

thanks for ur reply..

Should I set any configurations in SQL database side ? because i'm able to connect database but i'm unable to fetch the data from tables.

and should i specify any value for row in sender message format?

regards

rambarki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need not do any configuration in Database. And the field row is a keyword and should be the same. the name resultset that can be anything. But the Message type that is created for this data type should be same as the Document name that you give in Configuration.

Also specify the Document Namespace if you have one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one thing you have to look for is that the name of your DT must end up with *_response - so SAP doku tells me

Regards

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I have done every step as it is ..as u said..!!

still i'm unable to poll the data from database.the empty data showing in my out put file. the payload contaning only xml namespace..othewise nothing i'm getting..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:File_response xmlns:ns0="urn:Final_Select"></ns0:File_response>

some system error showing in end-to-end information at message monitor and then its showing java null pointer exception in end-to-end monitoring, probably it has some installion problem...

but i dont think it is not the cause for polling the data..!

I have tested my message mapping with dummy values ,its working fine ..and select and update queries are working fine..

sender chanel communicating well except poll the data..

receiver channel receiving the file , which doesn't have data...!

where do i find adapter logs in RWB? probably that help me for watch the retrived resultset data ? correct me if i'm wrong..

thank you...

regards

rambarki