Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Goods Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have one requirement regarding Free Goods , Three materials M1,M2,M3

Free goods Scheme is like when customer order M1 material of 5 qty and material M2 of 5 qty then M3 material of 1 qty will free.

How i map this senario.

Plz send me some solution for the same.

Regards.

PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PM ,

As per the satandard i think we can give the more than one free material for the one Material but we can't give one material as free for the combination of two materials.

If got let me know

You can try with this poption

You create BOM with the combination of free Material and other two materials.

Header material is Free of carge material

Subitem 1 is material-1--Qty -5

Suitem 2 is material -2--Qty-5

-->Do the pricing settings and itemcategory settings as free of charge for the free material.

Now you enter the BOM in the sales order the three material will pick up according to the combination.

But you need to enter the first free of charge material Quatity based on that system will pick up the other two materials M1 and M2 quantity.

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi PM,

irrespective of whatever qty of M1 and M2 the customer orders you cannot determine to give M3 as free. Its not possible in std SAP.

You can only have free goods as M1 is free when customer buys M1 or M2 is free for M1.

It cannot be M1 + M2 --> M3

But if you want to customize it a little like BOM then it can be done..

Make M3 as the header level item and charge at the item level. Like putting the item cat group of M3 as LUMF. Since its item level pricing M3 goes free but M1 and M2 are charged. However it all depends on how a business is comfortable doing this way. because if the customer sells M3 separately then you need maintain item cat determination for that also. In such there may be many permutaions and combination which increase the config and complexity. These kind of discounts are well handled in IS Retail than R/3.

regards

sadhu kishore