cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Korean language issue in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello y'all,

In our file> XI> R/3 scenario, we found the local language coming in through our sender FTP adapter gets garbled. On further analysis, we found in SMLT that Korean package was not imported. We are looking at lang. disc to import the language package. Would this solve the issue or do we need to check some code-page settings also?

-Teresa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having similar issue with Japanies language.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Teresa,

inside you sender channel are you using

binary or text file transfer?

if text have you tried using the encoding?

fomr help.sap.com:

"This parameter is used to import text files. The default setting is to use the system code page that is specific to the configuration of the installed operating system. You can find the system code page under file.encoding in the general system information of the About Adapter Engine menu option.

You must specify the value UTF-8 for XML text documents that are coded in UTF-8. Text files that are neither in the system code page nor are coded in UTF-8 can only be read if the corresponding code page <b>is available in the Java runtime environment</b>. The file content is converted to the UTF-8 code page before it is sent.

Permitted values for the code page are the existing Charsets of the Java runtime. According to the SUN specification for the Java runtime, at least the following standard character sets must be supported:"

Regards,

michal

Message was edited by: Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal..I set up the encoding in the receiver FTP adapter and the payload looks good ..But when I open the file , the characters are garbled..

Any help is appreciated..

-Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I set up encoding to SJIS and also tried UTF-8 in the receiver file adapter and still seeing garbled characters. The reason I put SJIS is we are using japanese also. The payload in receiving group looks perfect but while writing to the file where we are seeing the garbled characters..

Any ideas..

-Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas ..why this would happen??

-Teresa

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

1. have you tried posting an OSS message?

2. are you using content conversion? - if not maybe it would be easier to create a standard java proxy to handle this transfer

but it realy is strange that it doesn't work...

have you tried some other encodings?

Regards,

michal

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BTW

have you seen this:

"Important: Configuring an encoding in the receiver channel will only lead to the expected results if the payload sent to the receiver channel is in UTF-8 format (e.g., by having specified an encoding conversion in the Sender channel)."

from FAQ file adapter note

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal..Yes thats my next activity to post an OSS..We are using content conversion..I tried SJIS, JIS, UTF-8,UTF-16..and even tried a binary transfer..But the payload looks still perfect..It is the output file givig issues..

-Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We got the solution for the Japanies language.. the solution is use UTF-16 and Binary transfer, because JA is double byte. But onc thing noticed that it will not work from all PCs , like it is working fine from some Laptops. So may be "locale" is the issue(I am not sure)

But as from your reply noticed that you already tried UTF-16 and Binary..so try using some other computer also..

Best of luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody or any clue on the local language issues in XI??

-Teresa