cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date/Time Problem in BLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario to input date from the UI(HTML) to SAP. I have mapped my fields in the transaction to the BAPI.

1. Run application

2. Enter the date field in the UI

3.Click on Submit.

After this the Transaction is executed and when i look into the SAP table the date is taking the current system date not the date i entered in the UI. I'm using the date/time datatype for the transaction variable.

Part 1 Test:

I have given the alert in the javascript where i could able to view the entered value in the UI.

Part 2 Test:

When i try the same by directly hardcoding the value in the transaction variable i would able to see the correct value ineserted in the SAP table.

Part 3 Test:

When i try to hard code the param value in xAcute Query i'm not getting desired result .

All this error scenario is only for date/time datatype of xMII whereas its woring fine for all other data type.

Is there any issue of date/time data type?

Thanks,

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JaganMohan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Bala,

If you set date as Date/Time format, then you have to pass date in xml format. So you convert the input date like 2008-04-01T19:00:02 (i.e. YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS) and pass it as parameter to the applet. If you choose String as data type then 20080401 (i.e. YYYYMMDD) as the format. In this way you have to pass the date to the SAP.

Regards,

Jagan.

Edited by: Jaganmohan Ponmani on Apr 17, 2008 6:42 PM

Edited by: Jaganmohan Ponmani on Apr 17, 2008 6:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

SAP expects a date to be in the "YYYYMMDD" format. So as long as you pass or translate the date to the given string format your transaction will work.

Cheers,

naveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the format of the system date as it is contained the Response segment of the BAPI or RFC that you use to send the information to SAP. You need to match it exactly as SAP is usually not very forgiving of mismatches. Most dates in xMII are in xml format. You may need to explicitly convert it to a string (most likely problem IMO).

Good luck,

Mike

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you work with Sentil on this issue, perhaps between the two of you it can be figured out...

Check the format of your date or string input Param in the XacuteQuery.