cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Automatic Import using MDM Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying toimport data into MDM using MDM Import manager. Is there any way , i can avoid the value mapping in "Map Fields/Values" tab ? Can MDM automatically add/map the source values to the destination values . Can i use MDIS.ini setting to perform such a function ?

Any input is appreciated .

Thanks!

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is the job for MDM Import Server (MDIS). You need to define a remote system, port and map.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/fa/69b20ae0ae4b158a3f6d025b3d3847/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/fa/69b20ae0ae4b158a3f6d025b3d3847/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa!

Thanks for the responce. I want to import excel into MDM. I use MDM Import Manager for the import. My question is ..... we map the fields between the source and destination... Do we have to manually do the value mapping for each field... I believe there is a setting in order to do such a function using MDIS.

Automap Unmapped Value=True

Unmapped Value Handling=Add

Always Use Unmapped Value Handling=True

I want to know how to activate this process.

Any input is appreciated .

Thanks!

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know if you found out solution for this isse.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an automap button/checkbox in Import Manager. It will automatically map the fields with same names from spreadsheet to Catalog Items

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I already used Automap button to map fields and I know if values are not mapped automatically, I can use Automap button at value level also. But my concern is if I am automapping fields, it should also automap values but system is not automapping values.

Thanks.

Answers (0)