cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement Gathering SAP WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

Need help in gathering requirements for preparing BBP in SAP WM(Warehouse Management )

My client is a start-up Company in Retail Business in implementing SAP ECC 6.0 Version. They are planning to setup new WM Practices. Everything is building from Scratch. Now, my responsibility is to find the requirements in WM to use in Business Blueprint stage..

I want to know how to prepare this questionnaire, as I am new to this job responsibility ? I am expecting any model template or questionnaire to gather information on requirements for BBP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is kind of tricky question becuase it is depending of your bussiness requirement to implement

like if bussiness require the track of material location only then diff way to configure then SLED etc.

The best option i can suggest to install the solution manager or VSAP

this will generate the questions based on your requirements.

once you install this then it will ask you to enter the diff requirements and then based on that it will generte the que for you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

The basic requirements in Retail scenarios could be as below but again depends on case to case bases but indeed following requirements you have to keep in mind.

Organization structure:

1) you need discuss whether client want to have Distribution center at one site or for multiple sites accordingly you have to assigned the storage locations of required site(DC ) to warehouse number.

2) Also clear whether client want to manage single storage location of site for one warehouse number or there could be multiple storage locations will be assigned to warehouse number, explain all the pros and cons of this to client

3) Discuss the distance of storage locations (physical whorehouses) if multiple physical warehouse are situated within one geography then suggest to client to have one warehouse number and assigned all the physical storage type to one warehouse number

SU and HU management

Discuss with client whether they wants to implement SU and HU and at what level.

accordingly suggest the solutions to the client also discuss the SU and HU standard are being used in the current business or in future what kind of SU and HU type business may have?

No if storage type ,Putaway and picking strategies required

Discuss inventory managment process in detail and try to find out how many storage type client may have according to business requirements suggest the appropriate putaway and picking strategies available in std SAP and try to simulate the requirements in this regard.

Discuss the process of inbound and outbound deliveries in detail and try to find out available solutions from Std SAP

Discuss the RF and mobile data entry requirements in detail

Discuss the Barcode labels requirements for putaway and picking process also discuss the SSCI labels requirements for SU and HU

Discuss the in detail interface related issue I mean IM and WM interface also if they there is need to have interface of WM with external system like fork lift system ,RIFD etc.

my above points are based on my experience in retail industries I found more or less every retailer would have these requirements but as I earlier said requirements may very case to case bases.

Hope this will help you..

Regards,

Ashish