cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS and XML Messages question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have very quick question;

If we already setup and created alert category for XML messages using tr: alrtcatdef and messages comes mail... then why we setup for CCMS messages for ?

like why we need to do again for In execute method as Auto-Reaction Method. someting like that...

please do not send any url becuase when ever I asked someone they send me lot of URL and its nothing explain clearly

Thanks in Advanced

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Awan,

You can also integrate third party sap monitoring tools like ITM(ibm tivoli monitoring for sap) into ccms...and that way you can monitor you entire system landscape of sap and legacy servers from one console...

Hope that helps

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good! thanks

How about Soulation Manager ? what do you thing... i already have soluation manager, but didn't connect it yet, so do we have to configuration ccms first then intigration soulation manager or we can do direct without setup ccms

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

You need to test your alerts via RSALERTTEST.

goto transcation code SE38 and execute the report RSALERTTEST.This will trigger a test alert,if you can see this alert in your mailbox then it means your alert mechanism is working fine,if you dont see any alerts then goto SLG1 and see the issue with it

Also please don't mix up CCMS and ALARCATDEF,they are two completely different ways of triggering alerts.

either use CCMS(can be used to trigger for every system including XI) or use ALRTCATDEF(used only to trigger alerts on XI box)

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! Aamir

Thats particular answer I was looking, I run that RSALERTTEST using se38 I got an mail with only continer variable which is i cuztimized look like this...

Alert ID: ##00550##

Error Code:

Error Cagegory:

From Interface:

From Party:

• ERROR DESCRIPTION ***

It means that Alerts are running?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>It means that Alerts are running?

Yeah,it means that the alert set up is correct.

now coming to your issue,since you are not getting alerts for errors,you need to tell us which error actually occured for which you didn't get alert,was it shown as a Red flag in SMXB_MONI or had some other status.

secondly you might have checked the "Suppress multiple alerts" checkbox in alert configuration in Runtime workbench due to which only 1 alert was triggered and subsequent alerts were supressed.try unchecking that checkbox and give some dummy mapping error and see if you see alerts in your mailbox.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

O thanks Aamir

Yea, I didn't see any error or red flag in smxb_moni, and I am pretty sure last time I checked "Suppress multiple alerts" when I goto back to uncheck in RWB, and click alert configuration I got an error from yesterday!!!

"Calling the BSP page was terminated due to an error.

SAP Note

The following error text was processed in the system:

Die URL enthält keine vollständige Domainangabe (dbcixdv statt dbcixdv.).

Exception Class CX_FQDN

Error Name

Program CX_FQDN=======================CP

Include CX_FQDN=======================CM002

ABAP Class CX_FQDN

Analyze CHECK

Line 10

Long text - "

Its look like ABAP site error, I already send mail to them to look at it...

How may I create some dummy mapping error and see if you see alerts in your mailbox. ?

Thanx

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to your assumption,

If processing of a message on the Adapter Engine fails, the message state is changed to faulty. To notify administrators immediately of such processing failures, they can be propagated as alerts to CCMS. As CCMS is the SAP standard interface to third-party monitoring tools, these failure events may also become visible in non-SAP monitoring tools.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

mmmm!!! Thanks a lot

2 days ago! Alerts was working fine; but not anymore, Didn't change anyting...

what is good way to trace...

I treid tr: SLG1

1. Alert category is XDV_MAIL

2. one more category is there: ALRTFRMWRKTEST

2. Escalation check box (unchecked)

3. Container variables are:

SXMS_MSG_GUID, SXMS_ERROR_CAT, SXMS_ERROR_CODE, SXMS_FROM_PARTY, SXMS_FROM_SERVICE, SXMS_FROM_NAMESPACE, SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE, SXMS_TO_PARTY, SXMS_TO_SERVICE, SXMS_TO_NAMESPACE, SXMS_TO_INTERFACE, AlertRecipients

4. Long & Shot Text: *** Alert from XDV SYSTEM ***

5. Long Text Eamil:

Error Code: &SXMS_ERROR_CODE&

Error Cagegory: &SXMS_ERROR_CAT&

From Interface: &SXMS_FROM_SERVICE&

From Party: &SXMS_FROM_PARTY&

ERROR DESCRIPTION ***

========================

&SXMS_MSG_GUID&

6. Fix Recipition: 3 users names

7. Fix Recipition via User roles;

SAP_BC_ALM_ALERT_USER

SAP_BC_ALM_CUST

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_ABAP

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_ABAP

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE

SAP_XI_MONITOR

SAP_XI_MONITOR_J2EE (Did I put any Extra ? please let me know)

8. Subscription Authrouzation: SAP_BC_ALM_ADMIN , SAP_BC_ALM_ALERT_USER

9. In RWB (alert configuration) 3 alert define in there, 1. alrtframwrks, 2. xdv_mail, 3. xdv_alrt

10. in RWB Rule Activated and Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule are checked

Can you please let me know if I put some extra or missing someitng ?

Thanks and why alert does't show anymore....

Thanks

Note: please some one already give me lot of URLs thats pretty much i done it can you please provide your personal advise....

Thanks again