cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retraction from BPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently attempting to use the retractor from BW /BPS to R3 CO_CCA.

I have ( I believed ) correctly configured the Planning Function to utilize the functions ZUPR_COST_PLAN_EXEC and ZUPR_COST_PLAN_INIT. Now as I am not using the standard Objects refeered to in the extractor I also configured the mapping tool using UPB_SND_COPS and UPB_SND_STKEYFIG

Now when I ran the extractor it initially failed and upon going into debugger I realised that the system was still refereeing to the original objects.

For example

“ assign component gp_co_area of structure <ls_chas> to <l_chavl>.”

Here the structure in my system contains an object with a name that is different to gp_co_area.

To overcome this problem and a few more like it , I copied the function and renamed the offending objects. It seemed to happily move on from this, however it now has other problems and I don’t thing that continuously changing the code is the answer.

Is there some step I am missing with regards to the Mapping?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surely there must be someone who has gotten this to work...

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

I too presume.

When SAP is asking for 220Eur /Hr for min of 16hrs, dont you think that this is more of money matter.

If someone has got this into work, he might hv invested lot of time n brain.

Until this is freely availble, dont think we can share someone's hard work. I am not planning on putting in much effort here too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Could you please eloborate on the issues that you are currently facing?

It is not always a good idea to copy the Standard Function Modules and rename them as ZXXXXX and use it. The risks are:

1) As SAP comes out with newer versions in ECC the client may have to migragte these ZXXXXX FMs.

2) Most of the issues could be related to the changes (if any made to these FMs)--we tried similarly and gave up later part of our implementation exercise.

3) One important thing with regard to Retractors is that keep as little objects (characteristics) as possible and preferably with deafult values in the Planning Level that is configured with Retraction Function.

Should you requie any further info...please let me know.

Regards

Srinivas Bandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your reply.

the only reason I copied and changed the functions is due to the code using an Object Name that is different from the one in our system

To Reiterate I did use the mapping tool to map my object names to the relevant ones in SAP however the Function UPR_COST_PLAN_EXEC is still looking for a differently named Object. When however I change the name to the object in the code then the function finds it and it runs.

Currently the code has

“ assign component gp_co_area of structure <ls_chas> to <l_chavl>.”

I changed it to

“ assign component zco_area of structure <ls_chas> to <l_chavl>.”

The problem however is that I don't really wish to debug the code and change everything that needs changing. Obviously the Mapping exercise has not been completed by myself - maybe I have to regenerate the code?