cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Management in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am new to Solution Manager and would like to know how to upload documents into Solution Mnager. We are currently in the pre-initialization phase of the project. We would be installing Solution Manager in couple of days and once that is done we need to start uploading the project related documents into the Solution Manager... (Also wanted to know if there is Folder management facility in SolMan)

If anyone can enlighten me on this area.. It would be great..

Regards

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

Can you send me the documents...

myneni7 at yahoo.com

Thanks

seshu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

I haven't talked about any particular document that I have. I am not sure where you got that impression from!

The message was about how best to load project documents into one's project in SolMan.

Feel free to ask any specific query you have.

Best regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

The way SolMan helps load documents can be wide ranging, depending on the way the SolMan Consultant of your project has recommended to go with.

Assuming that you have created a simple 'Implementation' type project and not 'Template' type project, following are certain suggestions:

SOLAR01/02:

(a) Project Documentation tab: All solution design/ blueprint type documents are to be loaded here

SOLAR02:

(b) Development Tab: Functional/ Technical Specs

(c) Configuration Tab: Configuration Notes

(d) Training Materials Tab: Any PPT/ VISIO/ Word/ Other training documents created for construction of eLearning Maps at a later stage

(e) Test Cases Tab: Document that lists steps to be carried out to test a Scenario, Process or Process Step.

As regards folder, the default is at Project level if it's directly an Implementation Project. If you choose to go for Template Project based Implementation Project, there are certain tabs where the default folders are slightly different (SOLAR00)

If a given document is to be loaded only once and referred multiple times, its entirely possible and recommended within SolMan.

Best regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasanna.

Before being able to use Document Management within SolMan, you will need to conduct the basic configuration.

See Basic Settings of the SolMan on-line help @

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/45/51fbdbd4941803e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Document management itself is leveraged through the Projects component of SolMan.

Within the on-line help, see SAP Solution Manager -> Implementing and Upgrading SAP Solutions -> Projects

Docuement management is within the Project folder.

Hope this helps!

Charles.