cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phishing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have a serious problem with the sending of emails from SAP.

Our SAP system contains several information from the companies which belong to our firm group.

Among all this information, we have the users emails (that have different domains due to be part of the different companies of our firm group (eg: xxxx@company_A.es, yyyyy@company_B.es, ......), or to have public domain emails (@hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, ....).

We also have vendor & customer emails to send them their invoices by mail, and employee emails to send holidays confirmations.

When we try to set up the SMTP Node to send emails, we found out that we can only set up ONE SMTP Node (and connect it to ONE Mail Host), so we can not assign one SMTP Server per company.

This restriction brings us a problem, because all the emails generated by SAP, independently of the "From" address, are sent by the same domain name (the one specified in the settings of the SMTP node).

As you probably know, when anti SPAM filters detect different domain names in "From" address and "Sent domain", the email is censored/deleted/... so it does not reach the receiver. This is PHISHING.

Besides, we can not bear the risk of being blacklisted due to SAP, and thus lose the capability to send emails inside/outside SAP.

Please help us to solve this problem. If yoy want a help diagram to understand the problem, please send us a mail to ce.sap grupoprisa.net

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With nearly the same problem, I ended up to install an SMTP relay which branches to different SMTP servers depending from the emetter address domain. It works great..

The SMTP relay is not an SAP software.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

can you tell me more about the SMTP relay you installed?: product,where did you install it (separate server or not), version,.......

Thanks in advance and best regards

Óscar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

I used a freeware (rodent ?) called "Hamster". ( http://www.tglsoft.de/freeware_hamster.html )

But if you want to install some more professional software, I think it's possible to use sendmail.

I installed my SMTP relay on a non SAP server because my SAP servers are itanium based and my SMTP relay is X86 32 bit only. It is also used by several SAP systems, so it makes sense to be on a different server. I reused a small file server.

Regards,

Olivier