Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Workflow /SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query on workflow/SRM.

Recently our client upgrade from 4.6c to ECC 6.0 and we are facing with the below problem after the upgrade.

Users create Purchase Orders through shopping carts in SRM system; requisitioner will receive a notification mail on creation of PO in the backend system. When the shopping cart is converted as PO (after releasing from sourcing), a workflow is getting triggered in backend ( ECC 6.0) which sends the PO notification mail to the requisitioner. In that notification mail, the Cart No and Cart Description is missing for the PO. This issue occurs only after the upgrade. We have analysed, it is because of the delay to update the PO number on the shopping cart, which happens with the help of batch job “CLEAN_REQ_REQ_UP” which is running for every 5 minutes in SRM system. To confirm this we had included Wait Statement in the workflow function module which will delay the work flow by 5 minutes and the workflow is running fine now. But I want to know whether the above change will affect the performance of the production system, since this make the workflow wait for every PO. Also as an alternative we are thinking of manual triggering of workflow using batch jobs instead of automatic.

Please advice which is better in terms of system performance and maintenance.

Regards,

Rag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll suggest to add a background step to verify if the PO has been created instead of waiting. BCOZ if the PO has been created and it is in last few seconds of next scheduled run of the this report, it has to still wait for atleast 5 minutes.

Regards, IA