cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade path to MySAP ERP 6.0

0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I have to following SAP Enviornment

46C(Installed as SR2) on Oracle 9.2.0 on Windows 2000 32-bit.

I want to end up with

ERP 6.0 on Oracle 10.2 on Windows 2003 32-bit

I had started to implement note 932772 as this seems to be my best option. I have installed oracle 10.2 using the same SID as my source database. What version of the SAP software should I use to install the central instance on my Target machine, I assume my original 46C SR2 disks will not work. Where can I download this from?

Also once I have finally migrated to my new machine - I want to change my DBSID to a new one - is there a note that covers this.

Hope this makes sense

Regards

Liz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

You said that you are currently running on

46C(Installed as SR2) on Oracle 9.2.0 on Windows 2000 32-bit.

and want to upgrade to ERP 6.0 on Oracle 10.2 on Windows 2003 32-bit. You have to follow this.

Upgrade Oracle on your system and then using the Upgrade Set from SAP you can go for upgrade of SAP.

Before you touch your original Landscape, you may want to setup a sandbox on which you can do the test run to get some idea about how upgrade work and that test run will also give you good amount of idea about the downtimes etc.

For that you can do this....

Setup a new Box

Install 46C on oracle 9.2.0 (I mean setup same old environment)

Upgrade Oracle

Upgrade SAP 46C to ECC 6.0

This is the approach that you would need to use. You can ofcourse change the DBSID anytime...using recreating the controlfile....

Let me know if this Helps !!!!

Regards

Vijay

former_member618758
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Liz,

You would need to get to at least SAP R/3 release 4.6D_EXT, which supported with Oracle 10.2.0.2.

Yes it is possible to change the SID, you can do a system copy or backup/restore, change oracle sid w/ control file change, and then assign the desired system ID to the target system, it is not a simple task as I said though, you can use note 11692 as a starting reference for your project.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

George