cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sap gurus,

when i maintained condition records in vk11 for the material,when i try to save the system displaying the following message:

validity periods for the condition records created overlaps with condition with shorter validity period,these conditions wili be deleted when u save.

Kindly suggest me a solution reason for this error and how to rectify it.

divya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

If a condition record for a material already exists and if we want to create another condition record in vk11 for the same material, then the system will check the validity periods of the new condition record.

If the validity period lies with in the validity periods of first conditin record, then the system will through the message which you mentioned.

Go to VK13, and check the condition record for that material, delete the conditin record if you want to give the new price or change the price.

Or if you want to continue with the new condition record even though first condition record is maintained, then you have to check the validity periods, and give the validity periods which is not overlapping with the first condition record.

Hope this is clear.

Reward if helpful.

Thanks,

Praveen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

Thanks for your reply.

ur explanation is very good .

Thanks.

divya.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This means, a valid condition record is already existing for this combination with a certain validity period. The current condition record you are trying to create has a validity period which overlaps the already existing condition record.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Go to transaction V/06, then select your price condition type go in to details here you can find valid From and Valid to fields under Master Data tab,you check these fields data and maintain properly or maintain as per your requirement.

Now you try in VK11 to create condition records.

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.