cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to Livecache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to take a backup of livecache and restore it. I know this is more a Livecache/Max db question but trying my luck if any here can help me.

This is what we did:

1. created forecast in SDP94

2. Took a backup

3. Made changes to the forecast data

4. Crashed the live cache(system)

5. Restored the data from live cache.

The intention is to find out if the livecache was successful. After my backup, if the see old numbers that were in DP94 at the time I took backup, the test is pass but if I see new that I changed after backup the test is fail.

We tried this exercise 3 times We always go the new numbers making the test fail.

Am I making a mistake in the procedure?

Are the numbers saved some where other than the livecache and keep coming back after recovery?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you checked the consistency of the LC and the Database. Use /sapapo/OM17 to do that.

are you also checking transaction data connected to ECC in which case it must be refreshing based on ECC data

how are you crashing LC? There is a restore process which i hope you are following

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are we talking of DP planning books being backed up into an infocube? If so, did you re-load the data back from the infocube to the planning area. Back-up of livecache time series data is done to an infocube and we usually restore data from the back-up cube - not sure if that helps, but if it is a standard back-up - would be good to check the best practice document for livecache backup on the SAP site.

An extract:

Backups are typically created online either as incremental backups (daily) or as full backups (weekly).

Perform backups using

– liveCache administration tools

– CCMS Database Planning Calendar ( as of SAP Basis Release 6.20 )

– A job from within the SAP APO system that

o Starts report RSLVCBACKUP - see SAP Note 455154

o Starts an external command using DBMCLI

– Third party tools using backup interfaces

Log backups can be made in parallel to online liveCache backups either

– Manually by an administrator or

– Periodically by CCMS Database Planning Calendar ( as of SAP Basis Release 6.20 ) or

– Automatically in liveCache mode Auto Log

Make sure log backups are performed regularly to prevent liveCache standstills due to log overflow.

For details on how to perform backups, see SAP liveCache documentation.

Regards

Vinod