Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Value mapping?

Hi Experts,

After getting the replies from SDN wht i understood abt value mapping is

"Fixed mappings" and "value mappings" are two standard functions used in message mapping.

Fixed mapping:- it is a std. function which map a source field's value to the target field's value. we need to create a local table to perform value mapping in IR.

Value Mappings:- it also a std. function which is use to refer the values which were defined in Integration Directory with Schema & Aency.

value mapping lookup's:- since in fixed mapping and value mapping we are providing the data. But if we want to get the data from any system like R/3 or Oracle then we need to import the data from the respective systems. so we use value mapping lookup's......which will retrieve the data like a DB table from R/3 using RFC's..

If i'm wrong plz correct me.

bur still have some doubt regarding agency and schema........can anyone explain in detail wht is the role of agency and schema. and how to create them in IR.

pts. will b rewarded.

Edited by: Abdul Faisal on Apr 15, 2008 3:44 PM

Hi Abdul,

According to the Blog, I understood that

We can give any name for Agency and As well as for schema also.

And the thing why we need to give agency and schema is, when ever we are trying to create the value mapping in ID--Toolsvalue mapping. There it will prompt u to enter the source and Targets agency and schema.

So therefore we have to create those to identify as a source message and target messages

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question