cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Reqd: Idoc from XI to Amtrix (3rd party middleware)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a proxy(SRM) to Idoc scenario.

Now this Idoc needs to be sent to a non-SAP system (Amtrix)

Currently the same requirement is being achived through R/3 using a TCP/IP RFC destination to amtrix.

And this is being used in a TRFC port and the partner profile is configured for the same as a partner of type LI (vendor)

I've tried setting up the same in XI. Not sure as to how to create a an Idoc using partner type LI and not LS.

Also the port which we setup for Idoc adapter in IDX1 takes only type 3 RFC connections (ABAP based) so not sure as to which port I need to use in the communication channel.

I've tried the below.

setup a port in idx1 to r/3 system (since i've read in doc that this port is used only to pull metadata.)

and in the rec idoc comm channel i've used this port along with the tcp/ip destination to amtrix.

now when i run the scenario.... i find an error in the sm58 transaction which says....

reason code 2085 when opening a queue unkown.

your help in this regard will be very much appreciated.

Cheers!!

Sidharth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure I hv completely understood ur requirement. But, configuring an IDoc scenario for a LI is same as doing for LS. In your case, create a partner of type LI in the R/3 system ans since you hv to send the IDoc out of the R/3 system, via XI to the 3rd party system, provide the IDoc basic type in the Outbound parmatere of the partner type. The rest of the things like port n all will remain the same.

As far as 3rd party system interface is concerned, u hv configure accordingly like if it web based system you can use HTTP or SOAP adapter to send data to it.

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

Unfortunately you have not understood my req.

r/3 system is the existing solution. Xi would be replacing the R/3 solun as we are implementing SRM and Orders would not be created in SRM instead of R/3

But the 3rd party side config will not change. Currently they dont want to make any changes...

In brief my req is to create an Orders05 Idoc with receiver partner of type LI and send it out using the TCP/IP connection.

Cheers!!

Sidharth

Edited by: Sidharth Velagapudi on Apr 15, 2008 7:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ppl,

any suggestions to this issue would be reall appreciated.

Cheers!!

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK now is ur scenario look like the one given below

Proxy(SRM -> IDoc -> XI -> AMTRIX

If yes, then follow wht i hv provided in my earlier reply.

If not or if u hvn't understood the reply, revert back

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akshay,

Thx for ur reply.....

My scenario is as follows.

SRM (Proxy) --> XI --> Amtrix (Idoc)

Now I have to create an Idoc in XI of partner type LI and send it to Amtrix via a TCP/IP destination.

I've tried using party.... but I get the error "Unable to convert Recv Service into an Idoc Partner"

I've tried picking up the control record from payload where I have hardcoded the values for a partner accordingly.

But the Idoc fails in sm58 queue.

I'm not really sure if we can send the Idoc out of XI using a TCP/IP destination instead of an ABAP destination (Type 3) which we usually do when posting Idocs into any SAP r/3 system.