cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change account group "Bill-to" to "Sold-to"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone suggest how I can change the account group of a customer from "Bill-to" to "Sold-to".

I tried with XD07, but i get the error message

The planned change is not allowed as the following field

groups would be masked by the new account group

please help.

Regards

Rasheed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is that BP is included in Customer Hierarchy.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Shouldn't BP heirarchy be mainted for Customers from CRM ?

Regards

Rasheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to thank everyone who has been trying to help but I am not getting a direction to the solution.

Could anyone please give a step by step method to over come this issue.

Thanks once again

Regards

Rasheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you even read my message? To change the a/c for any customer, the fields in the customer MD should be ither same or less fields to more.

Say that Bill-to has Address, phone and fax as mandatory then the Sold-to shoud either have these fields or more to convert the BP's a/c group.

Hope this helps,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

I check the General Data and Company Code Data fields. All the mandatory data has been maintained.

The fields which it is says will get masked are the Sales Area data of the Bill to party.

Please advise.

Regards

Rasheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

This means that you have extra fields in sales area data for bill to party than sold to party. Unless these fields match, you cannot convert the a/c group. Let me know if you still have doubts about the same.

Swapna

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Be sure whether u tried to change from SP to BP or BP to SP

because from SP u cant change it to BP...

check it again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rasheed,

You get this message as some of the fields are lost during the conversion from one a/c group to another.

Per my understanding the fields in both a/c groups must be same to convert.

Swapna

So, if you want to convert a domestic distributor to direct customer in which teh both fields are the same, that will be possible in R/3.

Edited by: Swapna Konidena on Apr 15, 2008 3:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There will be only one and unique sold to party for any customer and different bill to partys..So when u are changing bill to party to sold to party then it is just adding one more sold to party to same customer which system will not permit to have two sold to party..

u can change ship to bill to and bill to ship to ,payer to bill to ...

If u want to change Bill to sold to then u need to untick no changes and uniqe fileds for sold to party in partner determination then u can try to change bill to sold..

Regards

Sankar

Edited by: sankar sankar on Apr 15, 2008 3:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar

As per you suggestion I tried changing to Ship to, it gives the same message but different number of fields that will get masked.

Also, for one conversion do I need to do SPRO settings?. Is there any work around as how I can use this customer for creating a sale order

Regards

Rasheed

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it an error or warning message.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its a information window which tells about the Critical fields that will get masked

V D310 Sales 032 Authorization

039 Customer hierarchy

041 Document Index Active

Once we click ok no changes take place.

Regards

Rasheed