cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting SQL db to MDM using XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where we have to integrate an SQL db with MDM using XI, and every time a field gets changed in the db it has to be updated in MDM (i.e. we have to automate the process)

Can you please let me know how to configure this scenario?

We are planning to use Web Services for picking up the data from db.

Please give step by step process if possible and any other alternatives, if there are any.

Thanks,

Sampada

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampada,

tipically the scenario is solved using MDM Import Manager, you can create a key mapping between MDM and sql DB and finally you can schedule the Import Manager every day. The same is in case of XI.

If you need to move data from sql db to MDM every time you add a record, you need to create triggers on table fileds. In example, if your sql DB is Oracle you can create triggers that execute PLSQL procedures, the PLSQL procedures call Java functions in order to store data in MDM using MDM API. Please, pay attention to performance in traferring data. You can use MDM webservices yet.

I think others solutions may be considered......

Hope this help you.

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically what we are planning is that a web service pulls data out of the db and XI picks the data from then on(through a SOAP adapter i think) and passes it on to MDM through a File adapter.

Now what basically needs to be done is the automation part.

How do we actually go about it?

And as for other options..what other options do we have..??

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. Why cant we use a JDBC adapter in this scenario to extract data from db?? I mean what are advantages of using Web service over JDBC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Basically what we are planning is that a web service pulls data out of the db and XI picks the data from then on(through a SOAP adapter i think) and passes it on to MDM through a File adapter."

It seems to be a good solution, web service is a standard and it is a SOA compliant, but no problem to use jdbc. If we are speaking abot a lot of data, mau be better to use jdbc.

Bye,

Vito

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sampada

To implement your scenario first you need to know the structure of the Data in source like sql server and the target structure you have to know.Define the structure in MDM later you import the data into MDM through MDM import manager.

Once you done this generate the output through Syndicator this will be the input for your XI .Get configured all your landscapes in sld including the XI.Define the structure in XI and map the fields between the source structure and Target structure in XI through mappings.

I hope the above information will give you the guidelines for you.

Regards

Kalyan