cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default UOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If a product is normally sold by "EA" and a customer always wants to by it by the case "CS", is there some way to set up a default so that when that customer orders that material, the UOM is set to "CS" instead of "EA"?

Simple question but i mean it has depth to think?

Reg

Shan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In MMR , basic data 1, maintain base unit of measure as EA and sales unit as CS

sales unit feild is in sales orgn1 in MMR

so your material will be selling by default as CS and not as EA ,even in sales order also it comes as CS

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to update you...that i am looking this option only for a particular customer/material combo?

Anyclues will be highly awarded.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shan

If you are looking ONLY for Customer / Material combination, Yes it is possible. As you said in material master, the UoM would EA. Let it be the same. What you need to do is that go to VK11, select customer/material combination and there for that customer, maintain the material code, currency, and under the tab "UoM", maintain "CS" (not sure whether such UoM is available in standard).

Now when you create a sale order for that particular customer, you can check in condition tab the alternative UoM will flow.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shan

We were able to accomplish this by creating an additional access sequence in the material determination process. We added a Customer/Material combination. With this entry you can use the same material for the material entered and the resulting material, however you can assign a UoM to the resulting material. If you make the proposed reason automatic the material will be entered on the sales order with the alt UoM you assigned in the material determination screen. VB11

You will also need to maintain a VK11 record if you want the pricing to sow on the invoice in the same alt UoM

The down side to this is if you are already using material determination to direct a user to the material you want to order with the Alt UoM it will not work as material determination will only take place 1 time and if the item entered is selected by a previous material determination entry the entry with the alt UoM will not be used.

Hope this helps

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its beautiful..Brad...will update you.. after implying it..

million thanks..

Reg

shan1242

Former Member
0 Kudos

One option could be -

Maintain unit of measure group in Material Master record(sales org1 view) as per your requirement.

Create a customer material info record (VD51) and declare this unit of measure in UMGr field.

Create a sales order and see whether it meets your requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

VD51 UomGr does not working...

one more.. my client is not interested with VK11 option.. bcz in this case Sales UOM is coming as EA system is calaculating conditon prices in CS..they wanted both should be in CS...

anyways pl.. i posted a message with SAP..

will update if i have any valid answers...

reg

shan1242

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shan,

As per your requirement, go to VK11 enter the conditin type with Customer/Material Combo, enter the UOM as CS it will ask for conversion factor(If you have maintined BaseUnit as EA in material Master).please enter the conersion factor (Ex:1CS=20EA), and save the document.

i hope this will help you.

Regards,

PS

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shan,

You can get this through alternative unit of measure.

You try with this option

You go to transaction MM02 then enter the material number go in to that then click on Additional Data tab again you click on Units Of Measure tab here you can maintain the alternative unit of measure like this

Example 20 EA = 1CS

Same thing you can enter in the Sales order level system will accept.

I hope it will help youi

Regards,

Murali.