cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of Materials with APO (RIMODGEN)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thanks in advance for all the great replies that you have been giving me. I have a question on Integrating materials with APO.

We are using the report RIMODGEN and RIMODAC2 to create and activate integration models.

The issue is when you need to include materials using criteria other than that given in CFM1 .

The filtering criteria for materials at present is

Material

Plnt

Matl Type

PlantSpec. Mtl Stat

MRP Ctrlr

MRP Type

ABC Indicator.

We need to set the filter criteria to include

Item category group

and

MRP group.

The options that I have come up with is to create a text file which will have all the materials that need to be included in the integration model. The problem here is can I make reading of this file an automated process which can be used as part of the program RIMODGEN. Otherwise , I cannot use RIMODGEN as a background process.

Is there any other way to include the materials that I will need other than to write a custom code for that ?

Regards,

Ranjini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am hoping you are using TVARVC variables in the variants of RIMODGEN and RIMODAC2. The variables can store a list of values that are frequently accessed. The table is TVARVC and transaction STVARV. The list of values can be updated from a flatfile using a program that should be piece of cake for any ABAPPER. Or better still it is just using a selection based on MARC table values for item category or other selection criteria not existing in CFM1. The program can be invoked as first step before running the RIMODGEN and RIMODAC2 programs.

I think you should look at this as a long term stable option since the ABAP effort is very low. There are standard FMs to do what I wrote above.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjini,

I am having a similar requirement where I want to exclude materials from the integration model for which the deletion flag is set in R/3.

I was thinking if I could extend the selection fields to add additional filter of 'LVORM' , I can achieve this.

Can you please share with me how you achieved the same for your requirement.

Hi All,

Any other suggestion to meet the above requirement is also welcome.

Looking forward to your responses.

Regards,

SCMLearner