Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decision depending process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to map the following scenario:

I have two services and depending on a condition I want to call one of them and show the results of the service in a table view.

Example: I have a boolean variable in the data store, if the variable is true I want to call the first service but if the variable is false I want to call the second service.

How is this to model with the Visual Composer ? (Switch operator ?)

Is this possible at all ?

Best Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The switch operator is indeed a good way to model what you describe. Connect the out ports of your two services to the switch operator, and connect the out port of the switch operator to your table.

On the button (or control) that triggers the service, add two custom actions - one for each service. Use the variable you put in the data store as the condition for triggering the appropriate service. Make sure to select "switch" in the action's execution mode, so it only activates one of them.

Tell me if there are any problems with this.

Good luck,

Eyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eyal,

I was able to solve the problem with your description.

Many Thanks and regards,

Michael

Edited by: Michael Hubig on Apr 16, 2008 10:25 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

If I understand you correctly, this is what you can do:

1. Whenever you map the button event (e.g. Action or from input signal ) to that of you dataservice, go to configure - you would have see "Configure data map" in Guard Condition, you can refer to your boolean variable as is, so if it is true,the data service will be called

2. But on the false condition you would have to use the same boolean with "!", to get it working.

3. Lastly, use the switch operator or use a nested iView (In the nested Iview you can have your table and signal in)

Good luck,

Dharmi

Edited by: Dharmi Tanna on Apr 15, 2008 3:48 PM