cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMAM Development - Netweaver Studio on Vista

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm trying make some mods to the xMAM, but I get the following error when I create the WAR file:

---

The MI Client is not configured correctly. The settings of the Sync Gateway are missing.

The MI Web Console can not be started. Please provide the Sync Gateways Settings for the MI Client and export the project again.

---

This works fine on my XP PC but fails on the Vista machine, everything is identical:

- MAM client

- JAVA version

- Sync user

- MobileEngine.config file

- NWDS 7.0 SP15

Any ideas?

Ta...

Jamie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudd,

even I have not seen that error, well, lets try the following:

You use ECLIPSE and MDK - check if the settings of the locally installed MI client are correct.

Start the local installed MI client - can you sync with it?

I think one of these two things will fail - correct it and it should work fine!

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver

Thanks for your response, still not working...

MI Client

- synchronises fine (no errors)

NWDS (Pref / MI Dev / Test - localhost / me / 4444)

- 'C:\j2sdk1.4.2_16\lib\Tools.jar' found

- Connection to MI successful

- Invoking browser was successful

Same error when I create the WAR file.

Thanks...

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

but - when you build the WAR file - you are asked for the path and filename. Usually it points to the WEBAPPS folder of your Sap MI client installaiton on the device. It it possible that the error message takes place when MDK tries to connect to the WebConsole to deploy the WAR file automatically. But: the WAR file should be already in the MI WEBAPPS folder on your machine - or wherever you stored it. If that is the case, you can deploy it manually.

On the other hand - it is not necessary to deploy it if you only want to test it on the device. Just rename the existing xMAM folder to - lets say - xMAM_original and start MI client. Then the WAR file will be extracted and now when you log on you will use your enhanced xMAM app.

For testing that is fine - at least better then always deploy the file from the web again and again.

Well, lets hope this brings us a step forward.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver

I have found the problem.

NWDS/Vista is putting the file in the location "C:\Users\Jamie\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure\webapps" even though I select "C:\Programs ..\webapps"!!!!! Any ideas?

I short term solution is to create the file there and copy to "C:\Program...\webapps" ... Vista HEY!

Ta...

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must run NWDS as the Administrator!

I fixed it like this...

- create quick launch icon to NWDS

- right click icon

- select properties

- click advanced

- run as admin

Ta....