cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Flight Recorder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am searching for the solution of the below warning where it is not clear to me, where exactly the parameter should be stored.

in Step 6.3.4 "Enable Flight Recorder" I don't know where the lines should be stored in (path/file)

jstartup/recorder = java -classpath ../j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/launcher.jar

com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.engine.flightrecorder.core.Collector

../j2ee/cluster/bootstrap -node %nodeID% %startTime% -bz $(DIR_GLOBAL) –exitcode

%exitcode%

Error description in setup wizard in SMD:

The profile parameter jstartup/recorder could not be checked in the Java profile of <host>/<SID>/<abap instance number> [CI] (full host name)

Any hint will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Rastislav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rastislav

You have to put the line to the J2EE Instance Profile --> \usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile

Regards,

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for answer,

Just to be correct, does it has to be visible via RZ10 or only on OS level in file for the J2EE Instance profile, because by the setup wizard in SMD it is looking for the instance profile XX and by the name its looking for the ABAP instance profile, where this parameter is already stored (only on OS level, not visible through SAP).

Thanks,

Rastislav

stephan_prat
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is read from file on OS level. Sometime the file cannot be found if the host contains some special characters (like '-').

Regards,

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rastislav,

Did you get this configured? I'm going through the SMD setup now, and I have the same question about the jstartup/recorder parameter. Did you just add it to the instance profile in RZ10, or did you add it at the OS level only?

Thanks,

Jason