cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All about Process codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Iam doing IDOC( Stock Transfer)--XIFile Scenario.

Q) For this Do we really need to mention the Process code at We20 --in Outbound Parameters side????

Regards

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In process code we will be having the logic of the function module.

you can see all process codes in t-code we64

for creating outbound process code goto we41

inbound we42.

Regards

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman

Purpose of Process Codes

Definition

Another name for a specific process, for example function module or workflow. IDocs are read or written in this process.

Use

In the partner profiles, the processing is never addressed directly but rather always using a process code. You can therefore replace an old process with a new one for any number of partners by assigning the existing process code to the new process.

Two types of process code are used in conjunction with the partner profiles:

· Outbound Process Code - if you are using outbound processing under Message Control, the IDoc is generated in the IDoc Interface. The process code names the relevant function module.

· Inbound Process Code - names the function module or workflow which reads the IDoc data and transfers the data to the application document.

There are also the process codes for exception handling:

· System Process Code - names the workflow which is triggered in inbound or outbound processing when an exception occurs.

· Status Process Code - names the exception workflow which is triggered when an incorrect status is returned by the external system.

These two types are configured centrally and not on a partner-specific basis and therefore do not have to be maintained when a new process is defined. They were introduced for the sake of completeness, so that each process in the IDoc Interface is addressed using a process code.

Inbound Process Code

Use

The processing module (workflow or application function module) that reads the IDoc data and generates the corresponding documents is found using the inbound process code.

You must edit the inbound process codes in the following cases:

? You want to use a new process and need a new process code for it.

? You want to assign different processing to process code X.

? You want to switch the ALE services on or off (this is only possible if the processing module is a workflow module). Switching off the ALE services can improve performance (lower memory requirement).

Features

The inbound process codes are application-specific. IDoc Basis includes the process code ED08, which forwards inbound IDocs to distributed SAP systems (?Forward Inbound? function). This processing is defined by the workflow WS30000483.

Activities

· Determine the required process code from the corresponding partner profiles or by choosing SAP Menu ® Tools ® IDoc/ALE ® Services ®Documentation ® Process Codes (WE64).

· You choose SAP Menu ® Tools ® IDoc/ALE ® Development ® IDoc ® Inbound Processing ® Maintain Process Code (WE41).

· To change an assignment or to make a new entry, choose .

For more details on Process code kindly follow this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

hope this will definitly solve your problem

regards

sandeep Sharma

PS if helpful kindly reward points

Edited by: sandeep sharma on Apr 15, 2008 1:32 PM

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Yes..

Step for Configuration fo IDOC in R/3

SM59-rfc destination

IDX1-port

IDX2-load metadata

we05-IDoc status records

BD54-Create Partner Number

We20-Create Partner Profile

WE19-Testing IDoc Processing

Generate a Partner Profile

A Partner Profile is defined for every SAP business partner. A partner is a remote SAP system or legacy system with which you exchange data. In our example, the partner is the remote system LS.

1. Highlight the newly created distribution entry in the SAP distribution model

screen.

2. Click the Environment pull-down menu.

3. Select Generate partner profiles.

4. In the Postprocessing:Authorized processors section of the previous screen, enter US as the user type. In partner system specify the remote LS.

5. Change the ID field if it is necessary. The field’s default is the user id currently signed on to the SAP system. You may change it to the person who will be responsible for maintaining this partner profile.

6. Change the Outbound parmtrs: Output mode and Inbound parmtrs: Processing fields if it is necessary. Transfer IDoc immediately and Trigger immediately are selected as the default values,

7. Click on the execute button on the left corner of the system(resembles like a timer).

8. The return screen shown following will display. It is typical for you to receive a warning (pink/red) message such as “Port could not be created". The reason for this message is you have not had an opportunity to tell SAP which port you will use for this partner profile. We will set it manually in the next step.

Modify the profile of the partner logical

system

The following steps explain how to modify the profile of the partner logical system.

1. Transaction code: WE20 – Type /nwe20 on the SAP input window and press the Enter key.

2. Expand Partner Type LS (Logical System).

3. Click item remote system LS (or the name you use for the partner logical system).

4. Scroll down to see the Create outbound parameter icon +(add) below Outbound parmtrs table.

5. The Partner profiles: Outbound parameters will be displayed. Enter the following information:

•Partn. funct.: Leave blank, as it is.

•Message type: MATMAS

•Receiver port: ALEport (or the port name you used.

•Output mode: Select Transfer IDoc immed and Do not start subsystem.

•IDoc Type:

o Basic Type: MATMAS03.

o Leave other fields as they are.

6. If you have more outbound parameters, repeat steps 4 and 5. If you support any inbound

parameters, perform the steps for creating inbound parameter. The steps for creating inbound parameters are similar to those for creating outbound parameters. The Create inbound parameter icon is located under the inbound params table, which is located below the outbound parameter table. If you are not sure whether you support any inbound messages, check the previous section, Create a distributional model, or use the SAP transaction code BD64 to view the distributional model.

7. Click the save icon (or press Ctrl+S) to save the outbound parameters you just created for the message type MATMAS.

8. You will see a message, “Data saved” displayed at the bottom of the SAP screen indicating that your work has been saved.

9. You will see that the MATMAS entry is added to the outbound parameter table.

Thanks,

Satya Kumar,

Reward Poits If it is helpful..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

Yes we have to define process code...in we 20 in outbound side

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Every IDOC has process code assigned to it and this process code has function module assigned to it.

This function module has a code which fill the IDOC segment.

If u click on process code then u will be getting one screen and there u can fine the function module assigned to process code now if u click on function module u will get the code.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But if we see this guide means , here they said that we can develop our Own adapters and we can have the Message mappin, administration, monitoring and also

we have the Adapters like file, Rfc, soap etc...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3f9fc190-0201-0010-0cbd-87f50e40...

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wrong reply to this thread.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

I have done the IDOC(Stock Transfer) -XI--File scenario and executed it & received data at Receiver side succesfully

Here i didnt mentioned any Process code at WE20 of Outbound parameters side.

Steps done to trigger the IDOC

1) I have the Z Report in SAP R/3, when ever i executed it it will ask for the RFC Destination , Partner type and the date on which the Stock Transfer has done.

2) After that i am able to see the idoc in XI

What is the cause for this even though i didn't mentioned the Process code

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

R u triggering IDOC through Report.

If u open the WE02 and check any std IDOC process then u will find that there is process code assigned to IDOC message type.

U can trigger IDOC through ABAP program as well.

chirag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then in my case which i explained to u, i didn't mentioned the process code manually any where.

Then how this happen

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check the code of ur report that will be calling some function module to fill the IDOC segment.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So you are saying that i have used the Function module inside my Report program???

Ok let it be.we used that Report for Testing purpose

Then if i mention the process code in WE20 for my Stock transfer IDOC means , will it be automatically fill the idoc ???

and can i see that filled idoc in WE02???

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

And i couldn't be able to find out any process code in WE02 once i trigger the IDOC through Report.

Where can i find out the process code that to be used for Stack Transfer IDOC

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u checked what I told u previously in my first reply?

U can see any IDOC control,data and status record using WE02 tcode.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thats what iam asking you, Where can i see that Process code Info in We02---Control record.

I didn't seen any process code here.

Are you able to see the process code in we02 ---control record

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can see the process code in WE21 (or WE20 im not sure) tcode where u create the partner profile.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heyy Chirag,

>>R u triggering IDOC through Report.

If u open the WE02 and check any std IDOC process then u will find that there is process code assigned to IDOC message type.

You said as mentioned above.

What i said to u is i am not mentioning the process code any where through out the Config or through out the scenario.

In the same time i asked u how to trigger the idoc if i Provide the Process code in WE20.

means u said that i used the report to trigger the idoc.so if i dont have the report means what is the standard process by mentioning the process code to IDOC.??

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

For an outbound Idoc You dont have to mention process code anywhere .

Yes to generate the Idoc you will require the process code associated with the FM which will populate the Idoc Structure.

As far as XI config goes YOU mention process code in the Inbound Idoc which will be nothing but FM which will be triggered once the Idoc reaches R/3 .thisis done in WE20.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Small correction.process code u can see in partner profile tcode (either it is WE20 or WE21 just check) which is attached to message type.

U can trigger the IDOC by following methods:

1) Change control

search on SDN.

2) Message control

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c8/198a5143b111d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm3) 3) Writing the ABAP program.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b804043d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

refer this link where the process code is attached:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b804043d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

refer the below link for process code:

it has inbound as well as outbound process code.

Hope now u got the perfect answers.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

But BeyondThe obvious is saying that we dont require in Outbound IDOC and we require in Inbound Process

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that is true n ur understanding is also correct.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

But upto now you said that we have to use the Process code For the Outbound IDOC's also??

Please confirm that whether do we need to use the Process code for both the cases or in only Inbound Idoc's only???

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u read this:

Two types of process code are used in conjunction with the partner profiles:

· Outbound Process Code - if you are using outbound processing under Message Control, the IDoc is generated in the IDoc Interface. The process code names the relevant function module.

· Inbound Process Code - names the function module or workflow which reads the IDoc data and transfers the data to the application document.

refer this for outbound processing:

everything is mentioned in help try to give effort to find out the more info.

chirag