cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC - IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...Experts,

I am doing IDOC - IDOC B2B scenario, in this i am getting the order from target to source, i want to send the response from source to target for that order, that response is automatically created, agin i am getting the order change from target to source, for this also i want to send the response from source to target, response is automatically created...for this type of requirement sender side i can go for mode is Synchronous or Asynchronous....Synchronous means how can i handle IDOC Synchronous purpose...

pls give some ur valuable suggestions...

**for help ful answers i will give points****

Regards,

Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using IDoc adapter, it is asynchronous only. It doesn't support any response. However it supports acknowledgments for the delivery/processing of messages .

If you want a synchronous communication, go for RFC Adapter.

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...piyush,

thank u for the immediate response..

i want to use IDOC at both ends, that response is automatically created at source side, how can i handle this type of requirement..

regards,

jain

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jain,

Go through the folowing links & blogs..

This presentation describes IDoc adapter in details: SAP XI - Using the IDoc Adapter

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b2b4035c-0d01-0010-31b5-c470d323...

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi

Thanks,

satya Kumar.

Reward points if it is helpful..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you getting the response on posting an IDoc?

You can create a separate scenario for response or can use use BPM to wait for the response and pass it to the target using single scenario.

Regards,

Piyush

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos