cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm doing a client copy in my IDES system.

The target client is 200

The source client is 800

I'm also selecting SAP_ALL profile

Client 200 is a new empty client. The client copy process went smoothly. The log from SCC3 shows that the copy is successful. However, when I'm logged in to client 200 (new client), I have problem assigning the profiles to the user.

In SU01, when i assigned the profile (SAP_ALL) to the user, the message says that "Profile SAP_ALL does not exist or is not active".

When I check in SE16, there are only 2 tables created. ZSKSYSUSER and ZSKUSERID3.

Did I do something wrong here? Should I select the source client as 000 instead of 800?

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Try this go to SU21. And choose regenerate SAP_ALL. Additionally is there any CUA involved in this picture?

With Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for replying.

I'm actually trying to create a new client for the new employees to play around with the IDES system.

Thus I'm creating a new client 200 as the client for them.

Is it true that we are not able to do a client copy in IDES? We have a IDES system previously and we copied a few clients without any problem.

So, right now, should i select client 000 or 800 as the source client? And what will be the advisable profile?

Ruchit, I'm able to get the SAP_ALL profile after regenerating. However, when i try creating a new client in SU01, a message box prompted out an warning "Inconsistency with address" and "No default co. address has been maint. in the system. Create an address". When i try to create the address, the entry for "country" does not have any choices and values. If I fill in my entry, the system displayed "country key XXX is not defined"

Thanks again for all your assistance.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhon,

I think it is better if you do the client copy again with the following criteria

log to the client 200 with SAP*

tcode sccl

Profile SAP_ALL

Source Client 800

Source Client User Masters 800

always i'm using this criteria, and it is working fine

Thanks

Sherif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sherif,

Thanks for replying.

I will try the client copy again and update the results.

Thanks.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

I had the same error message, "Profile SAP_ALL does not exist", with one of my clients which is connected to a CUA host. Using tcode SU21 to regenerate SAP_ALL and then disconnecting/reconnecting the client back to CUA resolved the problem for me. This may be quicker than doing a new client copy.

Bruce

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On IDES system client copy is not possible as i know, correct me if I am mistaken. Regards.

Edited by: Sergo Beradze on Apr 15, 2008 3:51 PM