Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oracle blob class problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again.

I have the following code:

java.sql.ResultSet resultSetForUpdate = stat.executeQuery("select picture from some_table where some_id=" + someId + " for update");
java.sql.Blob blob = resultSetForUpdate.getBlob(1);
// here is some code that types the class of the blob
logger.info("blob class is: "+blob.getClass());

now the problem is that the class returned with blob.getClass is different on 2 portals... on 1 portal I get oracle.sql.BLOB (this is the expected result) but on the other I get com.inqmy.services.dbpool.remote.RemoteBlobImpl

does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how can I do so that I always get the oracle.sql.BLOB class?

more information: both portal installations are ep6 sp2 with (I think) identical patch levels (35 if I remember correctly). the database they access is the same one. the dbpool definitions (in visual administrator) look similar.

thanks in advance.

silviu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no hints?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm...

It seems that 2 different JDBC drivers are in use...

Could you check this?

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

No, it is the same driver on both servers. The driver is the oracle driver oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver provided by Oracle themselves.

This is not it...

Could there be some path problem? The server on which it works fine is a windows machine, whereas the server where it doesnt work is a solaris machine, I think (not windows for sure).

Message was edited by: Silviu Lipovan Oanca