cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro Table Data to KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement wherein the business users will update the table with (some data) this data needs to stored some where and retrieved.

I would like to store data in KM and retrieve it whenever required.

Can somebody help me achieve this.

Many Thanks

Ajeya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

If you want to store the table data in KM, you need to store it as a file and you may need to convert the data into a flat file or .xsl etc... Once you have generated the file from within your application, using KM API you can upload it into KM and retreive it back (You have to parse the data from the file and populate the table UI).

Using CAF for persistence is also a choice you can think of....

Thanks & Regards

Ramesh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Its better to store the R/3 system itself.Why because KM is used mainly for maintaining unstructured data not the structured data ,as the users entering the fields in tables means its structured data.So i suggest you to store the data in database tables or in R/3 tables,So updation and retrival is very flexible,Assume if you want to use to store the Data in KM that should be generic and most of the docs required for all users.

For every business user data to maintain in KM you need to convert into a file format so like that how many files you maintain for all business users.

Is the client suggested you to store in KM or you decided to store in KM.

My suggestion is go with Database tables or R/3

regards

Kalyan