Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification-credit memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I am able to create a credit memo request. While creating the credit memo ,

if i give the billing type and request document number together , the processing status is 'Incorrect' .

On giving the document no, only and not the billing type, I get the processing status' processed'.

I dont understand the relation.

Can anybody say the way to make the processing status fully correct.

And then , when the processing status is 'processed' , i give the billing type n save ,I get a document no. Am i done with the creation of credit memo or any more steps are remaining?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We specify the default Billing Type in the configuration of the credit memo request in VOV8. In the Billing area, Order related billing field, you can see the Billing type, which will be the default billing type.

Regarding Copy controls, it is required to maintain copy controls for any document with the preceding document and also with the subsequent document.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Header Level

Copy Requirement

Determine export data

Allocation No

Reference no

Copy Item No

Item Level

Copy Requirement

Data Transfer Routine

Billing Qty (which qty – order / delivery)

+ / - Qty

Pricing Type (which pricing type)

Price Exchange Rate Type (at what exchange rate)

Price Source (source of price – order / delivery)

Take reference as below:

Header Level

Target Document - G2

Source - CR

Item Level

Item Category - G2N / G2W

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Edited by: Rajesh Banka on Apr 15, 2008 12:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably, you require to check the Copy Control setting, whether the same is maintained at Header level & also checl for Item Category level in T.Code: VTFA

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Which criteria do i need to check at the header and item level

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi niranjana

You need to check for both for header level as well as item level

but why you are giving billing type , system will propse automatically the credit memo billing type

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. What do i need to check at both levels

2. When given the credit memo request no. , is the billing type automatically generated? I am unaware of the actual procedure

Pl clear my doubts

Thanks

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi niranjana

when you create a credit memo request with doc type CR at order level . and do billing

system takes the reference number as the order number which you have saved for the credit memo request. so when you do billing automatically system will give the billing doc type for credit memo as G2 should come

Plz check the copy controls at VTFA for both header level for CR and G2 and at item level check for G2N and L2N item categories.

Regards

Srinath