SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use common program type for progression

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have many program type for undergraduate and graduate.

sometimes student can change from program type UG to GR and in this case progression can cause problem in our case.

we have many program type for graduate such as B0, B1 and B2 and for progression i want to have E0 for graduation but progression can not read this data which was saved as E0.

will it be possible that i have E0 for progression while program type have different one.

regards,

jin dal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jin Dal,

The Program Type progression will always give you the choices for program types where the student is registered. So, it is not possible to run Progression for Program Type 'X', unless the student is actually registered in a program of that program type.

I would normally use this opportunity to ask, "Why would you have set up so many program types when you have a common progression model?"

I would also ask, "How can a student change Program Types?" Normally I would expect that a student completes their Undergraduate program, and then begins a new Graduate level program. How can an undergraduate registration turn into a graduate registration?

Are you blueprinting something new here, or are you talking about a system already in production?

Michael

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jin Dal,

The Program Type progression will always give you the choices for program types where the student is registered. So, it is not possible to run Progression for Program Type 'X', unless the student is actually registered in a program of that program type.

I would normally use this opportunity to ask, "Why would you have set up so many program types when you have a common progression model?"

I would also ask, "How can a student change Program Types?" Normally I would expect that a student completes their Undergraduate program, and then begins a new Graduate level program. How can an undergraduate registration turn into a graduate registration?

Are you blueprinting something new here, or are you talking about a system already in production?

Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

system is already production and in Korea student can change program type while studying so i am asking do we have any turn around solution.

for graduate school student we have following rules.

at first student started in the integrate course ( combination of master & doctoral course) and he can change to master or doctoral course later so in this case i prefer commom course and that is why i asked common courses.

as like, master course student can change fro master courses to integrate course.

regards,

jin dal