cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy - java export - problems in phase packSDMKitJar

0 Kudos

I would like to do a system copy of a ERP 6.0 double stack system. I use database specific tools. As a preparation I have to export java with SAPINST in the source system.

In phase packSDMKitJar I first got the following error:

Error while creating /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS58/SDM/program/pack/packedRoot.jar

(create): Caught and ignored exception: A file cannot be larger than the value set by ulimit.

The file wanted to get bigger than 2 GB, but AIX jfs didn't allow because the directory /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS58/SDM/program/pack/ was in the filesystem /usr/sap/<SID> where large files aren't enabled.

I added a large FS with mountpoint /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS58/SDM/program/pack/. No the error message is different:

Cannot delete /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS58/SDM/program/pack.

SAPINST wants to delete the directory but it can't because it's a mounted FS now.

Does anybody know how to get out of this misery? Possibility to split the export file packedRoot.jar?

Kind regards

Michael Schmitz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

you can try to change TMPDIR parameter using sdm.sh command.

To create the SDM Kit jar, use this command:
sdm createsdmkitjar [excludedcomplist=<...>] [excludesoftwarecomponents=<...>] [tofile=<...>] [tmpdir=<...>]
where
• excludedcomplist: Specifies the name of an XML file which defines a set of development components whose SDAs will not be packed into the SDM Kit jar. The excluded components will still be marked as deployed in the new SDM installation.
• excludesoftwarecomponents: Boolean parameter that specifies whether the SCAs will be packed. False is the default value of the parameter.
• tofile: Specifies the file name of the SDM Kit jar. If not specified, the command creates a file SDMKit.jar in the current working directory.
• tmpdir: Specify a temporal directory where SDM collects the JAR content before packs it. If not specified, the command uses SDM installation directory (<sdm_home>).

Please see the following link... I think it's your solution.

Cheers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try setting your mountpoint higher up e.g. mount on the SDM directory.

Obviously you'll need to copy any directories out of SDM before the mount and then back into the newly mounted FS.

Regards

Garry