cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move DC from one workspace to other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a way to move a DC existing in one workspace to other? If so what are the steps involved?

Scenario: Initial setup in JDI was a simple DTR usage with a workspace and created DCs from NWDS and simple check-in/check-out (no activities/no builds).

Now I setup CMS/CBS and created a track and so a different workspace and would like move the projects from old workspace into the track's workspace.

Any links/articles/SAP notes on the same is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rajit Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

There is a way where you can integrate all the activities under one workspace to another. You can use a command line tool for DTR or Administrator Plugin in NDS.

For activating Administrator Plugin read this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/01/72a43f4aa1330ee10000000a114084/content.htm

To integrate the activities you can refer to this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/bd/043b3880e7b44bb345f37872c55b97/content.htm

Did you build DC's under Local Development and then store them in DTR? I have never tried this scenario hence i am just curious to know.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

As it turns out to be.. the DC was developed locally and now I'm able to share it to others as part of a workspace. But now the problem is it is not recognized by the workspace as a 'DC'! It is simply treated as a folder with resources which is actually not much helpful for other developers.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Rajit

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

Please refer to the note 888969. This note tells how we can move a DC from one SC to another.

The local DC is created under a software component called MyComponent. Also you have been able to move the DC along with its structure in the DTR.

I feel this note mainly depends on the folder structure of DC's and that this folder structure is present inside a DTR workspace.

Please follow the note step by step and let us know were you able to solve the problem. This problem has been encountered quite a number of time earlier also.

Regards

Sidharth