SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding expected consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to define a procedure for expected consumption (extrapolation), can any one please tell me where I have to define it.

thanks and regards

Deepak.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak!

You need to define Weighting key and assign it to the Register Operand i.e Quantity operand.

Customization for weighting key is done in SPRO.

Hope this message will solve ur problem

with regards

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak!

You need to define Weighting key and assign it to the Register Operand i.e Quantity operand.

Customization for weighting key is done in SPRO.

Hope this message will solve ur problem

with regards

0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil ,

Is there any other procedure for extrapolation except Weighing , have you defined some Weighing procedure .

thanks and regards

Deepak.

0 Kudos

Hi Deep!

I don't thonk that other vthan weighting key you can derive expected consumption.

in SPRO "User defined weighting procedure" will help you.

With regards...

Sunil

0 Kudos

Hello,

Pls look into event R513...extrapolation related during PS....Try to map your business rules into it....

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Thanks,

my requirment is that in case of meter defected or premise locked I have to use the average amount of last six months.

anyone can please tell me according to my requirment which method I have to use.

regards

Deepak

0 Kudos

Hello,

Regarding weighting procedure, depends whether you are particular about the kind of extrapolation you need. If you just need a simple linear extrapolation, you can simply define the weighting key as 01 in the register operand.

What we did in our earlier project was to use degree day weighting (weighting key 03). Having defined this to be the weighting procedure to be used, we also had to define daily weights for temperature areas and maintain these temperature areas against the installations.

In general terms, we can confgure user-defined weighting keys as well. When we do so, we have to specify which weighting procedure needs to be used. Having done this, we can specify the weighting key in the register operand. If this is not linear weighting, you may have to go and maintain relevant weights.

Hope this is helpful

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

could you please tell me that for find the expected consumption using average quantity of last six month , which procedure I have to used.

thanks and regards

Deepak.

Hello,

You could use any of the procedures. If you are not particular about weighting, you could use procedure 01 (Linear).

If you have to ensure SAP uses the read history of the past 6 months to estimate the consumption, there are other things to take care of, which are independent of the weighting procedure.

A (not-so) brief description of how SAP estimates

- It first tries to find a period in the read history, which it deems suitable to use as a basis for estimation.

- Whether a period is suitable depends on two settings

o The billing period as maintained in the portion. The portion is the one corresponding to the MRU (meter reading unit) maintained against the installation

o The minimum portion percentage maintained at the rate. This can at most be 100%.

- So, if the portion has a billing period of 1 month and the minimum portion is 50%, SAP will consider a period suitable if it is at least 30 * 50% = 15 days long. That is, if it finds two valid reads in the read history that are at least 15 days apart, it will consider this period suitable as a basis for estimation.

- If your billing period is 6 months, you can maintain minimum portion as 100% and ensure that SAP will not consider read history periods shorter than 6 months as a basis for estimation. If your billing period is less than 6 months and if you still need to ensure SAP will not consider periods shorter than 6 months, you will need to activate a certain exit and force it to look for periods at least 6 months long

- Anyway, if it is able to identify periods that are longer than the minimum suitable period determined above, it will take this period as the base period. Then it will calculate the consumption (actual) of the base period. Let us call this C1.

- Next, it will calculate the sum of weights of the base period. Here is where the weighting procedure you use comes in. If you use linear (01), it will simply calculate the weights to be the number of days in this period. If you use degree day weighting, it will identify the temperature area maintained at installation or register level and derive the sum of weights maintained in the degree day weights table for this temperature area and this period. Let us call this sum of weights as W1

- Next, it would calculate, in a similar fashion, the sum of weights for the period over which it wishes to estimate. Let us call this as W2.

- Finally, it would calculate the estimated consumption (for the period over which you wish to estimate) as C2 = (C1 / W1) * W2.

- Now, if SAP was simply unable to identify a suitable base period (this might happen if you have just acquired the site and therefore you do not have read history. Or this might happen if you have made some changes to the so-called period consumption maintained at register level. Period consumption is usually maintained to be the average annual consumption or AQ at the meter point), it would use the period consumption as a basis for estimation. Let us say we have maintained the average annual consumption as the period consumption at the register level. Therefore, we would also have maintained the number of days in period as 365 days at the register level.

- In the above case, SAP would first take the period consumption. Let us call this C3.

- Next it would calculate the sum of weights for the period (365 days). Again, how it does this depends on weighting procedure. If the procedure is linear, the sum of weights (call this W3) would be calculated to be 365.

- Next, it would calculate, in similar fashion, the sum of weights for the period of estimation. Call this W4

- Finally it would calculate the estimated consumption (call this C4) as (C3 / W3) * W4.

Hope that helped.

Rgds

Rajendra