cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to join multiple BAPIs sequential

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem in joining 2 BAPIs sequential in VC.

I have a search BAPI which delivers a list of multiple IDs as output. I want to do an classical join to a second BAPI which delivers me the details about the current ID and finally get the results displayed in a table.

Search Form -

-

BAPI_IDs -- (IDs) -

-

BAPI_DETAIL --- (Name1)

¦ ¦

-(IDs)--

-

UNION -

-

IDx, NameX) -> Table

Problem is if I use the COMBINE Operator, I only receive one single line in my form, because this delivers me only the first result. If I use the UNION Operator I miss the ID.

How can I do a loop or a join to get details for all IDs?

Does I need to store the result-set from BAPI_IDs in some way?

Thanks.

Michael

Edited by: Michael R. Mueller on Apr 15, 2008 10:59 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

if you deploay or build your application and recieve any warnings, this means that your service was not deployed succesfully even if it was a warning.

can you please post the exact logs of the warning you are recieving.

Regards,

Ahmed Salah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

here are the nwds log.

I receive several warnings could not load DC (no DCproxy). The path where nwds is looking for the .dcdef Files doesn't exists on the machine.

the memory log contains the build-error. I think someshing is wrong with my configuration.

I did a reinstall of nwds, but same problem.

Thanks,

Michael

-

!ENTRY com.tssap.util 4 0 avr. 24, 2008 08:54:59.734

!MESSAGE Apr 24, 2008 8:54:59 AM com.sap.caf.designer.actions.DcBuildAction [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] Error: Build failed

!STACK 0

com.sap.tc.devconf.DevConfigException: Failed to read component definition from local file BI_UDI:sap.com/bi/mmr/core : Cannot read component definition. File does not exist: C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap_2.0.0\comp\BI_UDI\DCs\sap.com\bi\mmr\core\_comp\.dcdef (Cannot read component definition. File does not exist: C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap_2.0.0\comp\BI_UDI\DCs\sap.com\bi\mmr\core\_comp\.dcdef)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.initializeFromLocalFiles(DCProxy.java:3774)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.initializeAttributesLocally(DCProxy.java:3620)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.createDCProxyLocally(DCProxy.java:195)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration._getDCProxyLocally(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:3472)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCDependenciesManager._computeBuildOrderOfDCs(DCDependenciesManager.java:655)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCDependenciesManager._computeBuildOrderOfDCs(DCDependenciesManager.java:562)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCDependenciesManager._computeBuildOrderOfDCsAvailableAsSource(DCDependenciesManager.java:556)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCDependenciesManager.getBuildOrderOfDCsAvailableAsSource(DCDependenciesManager.java:61)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration.getBuildOrderOfDCsAvailableAsSource(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:4339)

at com.sap.caf.designer.actions.DcBuildAction.buildDCsForDevConfig(DcBuildAction.java:740)

at com.sap.caf.designer.actions.DcBuildAction.access$300(DcBuildAction.java:78)

at com.sap.caf.designer.actions.DcBuildAction$1.run(DcBuildAction.java:499)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

Caused by: com.sap.tc.complib.provider.ProviderException: Cannot read component definition. File does not exist: C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap_2.0.0\comp\BI_UDI\DCs\sap.com\bi\mmr\core\_comp\.dcdef

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCFileInputProvider.getStreamForDC(DCFileInputProvider.java:114)

at com.sap.tc.complib.impl.DevelopmentComponentImpl.initialize(DevelopmentComponentImpl.java:720)

at com.sap.tc.complib.impl.DevelopmentComponentImpl.initialize(DevelopmentComponentImpl.java:704)

at com.sap.tc.complib.ComponentFactory.initialize(ComponentFactory.java:407)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.initializeFromLocalFiles(DCProxy.java:3770)

... 12 more

Caused by:

com.sap.tc.complib.provider.ProviderException: Cannot read component definition. File does not exist: C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap_2.0.0\comp\BI_UDI\DCs\sap.com\bi\mmr\core\_comp\.dcdef

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCFileInputProvider.getStreamForDC(DCFileInputProvider.java:114)

at com.sap.tc.complib.impl.DevelopmentComponentImpl.initialize(DevelopmentComponentImpl.java:720)

at com.sap.tc.complib.impl.DevelopmentComponentImpl.initialize(DevelopmentComponentImpl.java:704)

at com.sap.tc.complib.ComponentFactory.initialize(ComponentFactory.java:407)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.initializeFromLocalFiles(DCProxy.java:3770)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.initializeAttributesLocally(DCProxy.java:3620)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.createDCProxyLocally(DCProxy.java:195)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration._getDCProxyLocally(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:3472)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCDependenciesManager._computeBuildOrderOfDCs(DCDependenciesManager.java:655)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCDependenciesManager._computeBuildOrderOfDCs(DCDependenciesManager.java:562)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCDependenciesManager._computeBuildOrderOfDCsAvailableAsSource(DCDependenciesManager.java:556)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCDependenciesManager.getBuildOrderOfDCsAvailableAsSource(DCDependenciesManager.java:61)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DevelopmentConfiguration.getBuildOrderOfDCsAvailableAsSource(DevelopmentConfiguration.java:4339)

at com.sap.caf.designer.actions.DcBuildAction.buildDCsForDevConfig(DcBuildAction.java:740)

at com.sap.caf.designer.actions.DcBuildAction.access$300(DcBuildAction.java:78)

at com.sap.caf.designer.actions.DcBuildAction$1.run(DcBuildAction.java:499)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the problem. The Version of NWDS (SP15) does not countain all necessary libraries for CAS Project. I currently install NWDS SP14.

Now I'll try out your sample.

Thanks.

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

i dont have a specefic guide to NW 7.0 but perharps if you tell me what difficulties are you facing maybe we can work it out.

Regards,

Ahmed Salah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

thank you very much for your offer. I solved the mapping problems yet, but I still have a problem in deploying the CAS. Maybe you have an idea - If its not too much beside the starting topic for you - it would be great for helping.

I posted the whole steps I've done here:

in Portal 7.0:

- "CAFDeveloper" UME Role created an assigned to my NWDS configrusted User in Portal

in NWDS 7.0.15:

- I created a new CAS in NWDS7.0

- have a external Service RFC (ABAP) with BAPI_BUPA_SEARCH (I use only one bapi for faster testing)

- have a Entity Service "GetBupaIds"

- assigned attributes in the Attribute Tab

- create a single operation with 2 input attributes (searchterm1, searchterm2)

- I assigned the Datasource BAPI_BUPA_SEARCH to the operation

- mapped my 2 input attributes to BAPI_BUPA_SEARCH attributes (same name)

- mapped my output attribute (partner) with the BAPI too.

- I disabled persistency and permission check.

- finally I save the metadata and do a generate from the menu. All fine until this point - No errors or warnings

- If I build the my project I receive several warnings like "

/userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener)

[Thread[main,5,main]] WARNING: bplist2/metadata: Compute DC build order: could not load

used DC (no DCproxy): sap.com/bi/mmr/core. skipping it

- If if deploy my CAS I see the Build Screens and it seems to be that the NWDS is deploying.

- The build window disapears and I receive no message neither Deploy OK nor Deploy Error.

CAF in Portal:

if I launch the UI for CAF under http://<server>:50200/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/cafUIconfiguration/ConfigurationApplication my service isn't shown.

Testing the EntityService in NWDS also results in an "Service sap.com/bplist2/GetBupaIdsService is not deployed on the J2EE engine" message under URL /webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/cafUIservicebrowser/ServiceBrowser?cafsource=true&service=sap.com/bplist2/GetBupaIdsService

Thanks.

Michael

Edited by: Michael R. Mueller on Apr 23, 2008 2:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

The following document addresses the mentioned issues and has a detailed step by step solution.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7000a4db-d4e2-2a10-ebaf-c6e1de63...

Regards,

Ahmed Salah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

at first thank you very much for the howto guide. Its exactly what I was looking for!

Unfortunately I have to use NetWeaver 7.0 SPS 14, so I can't use the NWDS CE 7.1 for development.

I tried it to develop the service in NWDS7.0, but I got some problem in mapping the parameters, because of the code intensive mapping procedure in this version.

Perhaps you have another sample for the NetWeaver 7.0 and NWDS 7.0?

Thanks a lot.

Michael