cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete Released Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Our Trans filesystem got full yesterday so many transports stuck at export stage. these are virtually doing nothing, we ask user to create new transports for all the changes and release them again.

But we want to delete all those stuck transports, because otherwise we need to answer for weekly transports. Please advise how can we delete them or atlease if we can remove the project assignment from those transports?

Thanks in advance,

Mad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reason mentioned above

Former Member
0 Kudos

And what iabout data files and co-files? What if some naughty guy in a gay mood decides to import the transports using the files )

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can't stop laughing...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

I think you are the master of BASIS that is why you are laughing on this!!!

And am I look that dump that I'll not delete data file and cofiles. I don't want any further post on this topic please.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found Ruchit comment funny ...

About me been the basis MASTER... probably not... but I'll keep trying... hehehe

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the status in the import monitior? tp log? Job monitor?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

Yes we did! Actually we have one background job schduled to acutomatically import all the released transport every half an hour! so those were also stuck so we'd to kill all the jobs and infact all tp sessions at unix level so these are not doing anything from past 24 hours! now new transports are moving but those are stuck, waiting for something

Now we want to delete them, one Idea I got right now, If we delete all the entries for those transports from E07* tables.

Now I want to know, are there any more tables other than E07* tables which contain transport info... we'll clear all the ALOG and SLOGs for those transports.

any IDEAs?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

You may check for any entries related to the stuck imports in the table trbat and trjob ...

if its there clear that also and proceed.

Hope this would be useful.

Thanks and Regards,

-bijesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhusudhan,

Don't tamper with E07* tables for such trivial reasons.

Secondly you mentioned that the transports are struck somewhere? But where exactly. Are they showing up in STMS import queue?

If so then please select them and delete them from the import queue. What is the issue with that ?

With Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wish If I could sent you the screen shot

TRBAT and TRJOB tables are empty, Nothing in import queue those are waste transports now!!! and we don't want them in the system... thats it!!!!

we cann't delete them because already released, so now please suggest some way to delete!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhusudhan,

So how does this cause any issue for you. What is your concern. There will be waste transports sometimes. However if you a genuine reason for concern then may be we can think of a solution accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well we have weekly transports happening to prod and we don't want these transports to appear in that list!

I would appricetiate if we can find out the solution how to delete them rather than why to?

My appologies if I am sensing rude, I don't mean to!!! I know you are trying to help me!

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Ruchit before. just delete them from the import queue if thats whats bothering you!

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhusudhan,

In one of your old posts you said "Nothing in import queue those are waste transports now" ...and now you say "Well we have weekly transports happening to prod and we don't want these transports to appear in that list!

"..

Which list are we talking about here ?

Regards.

Ruchit.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I presume hes talking about the import queue in production.... so i don't understand whats the issue with just deleting the transports from the import queue if you don't want to see them there...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do create Project every week so If someone create some transport it get added to that project and on weekend we do project "import all" so even if we delete them from the import queue, project assignment will be there with those transports. and over weekend those will appear.

Anyway I better close this topic here! because I am not getting any productive answer! Thanks for all your afforts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello madhusudhan,

We also do the same in our project and I think probably you thinking is basically flawed on these lines. There is no direct way of importing a project as an entity. In the end you only import transports attached to a project. I mean unless the transport is in import queue it will not show up there just because you are importing projects! And let me tell if we import upto 15 projects in a single go.

The transport has to be in buffer to get imported and not in some project .

Regards.

Ruchit.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds about right to me!

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted the entries from E07* table everything looks normal now! Everyone is happy thanks you all for your efforts and suggestions!