Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Iview containing folders and documents

Hi Experts,

I need to develop new application, where the iview should show all the folder and subfolder and these subfolders have documents (may be word or xml).The structue should be something like what we have in content admin - km content. i.e.

the root folder have many subfolders and they have docs in them.

I need to ask that should these folders and docs reside in KM or can be uploaded from DMS ???and how???

and as we login it ask for userid and password and based on the authorisation the user should be able to view or edit documents or create new doc.

and the subfolders which display documents should also display the version of documents i.e. there should be some version managment service. and locking also , so that 2 authorised users cannot edit same doc at same time to avoid uncertaininty.

I dont have much knowledge of KM , but can this be done with creating portal application in NWDS and the create services in that for lock, versioning and authorization?? and how can this be done ??? then how will it connect to DMS ? and how will it be displayed on portal??

Please let me know how to work on this ??

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question