Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Upload a DC to the DTR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

How can i put my entire DC to the DTR?

I need to put this entire DC so that i can overcome any missed files that are not in DTR.

Please help me out.

Thanks and regards,

chandrashekar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrashekar,

Assuming that your development track is ready

1. If your DC belong to same track then go into navigator view

right click on src folder->DTR->Add as subtree.

2. If your DC is not belong to same track.. then create a new project in your track. copy contents(root folders) under src folder from your old DC to new DC.

For the 2nd Step you'll get some errors. so you need to add dependencies and organize imports to build your project

Edited by: snehal kendre on Apr 15, 2008 1:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prerequisites• The local Web Dynpro project was created in your workspace and can be built without errors using the local build function.

• You are logged on to the DTR server.

Procedure

To migrate a local Web Dynpro project to a Web Dynpro DC project, proceed as follows:

Creating a New Development Component

1. *Create a new Web Dynpro DC Project.

This creates an empty container for a Web Dynpro DC that does not have yet have any functions. The new DC should include all relevant development objects in the local project.

Do not check the newly created DC into the DTR yet.

Copying Packages from the Local Project

2. In the Web Dynpro perspective, switch to the Navigator view.

3. Select the local Web Dynpro project that you want to migrate and expand the project structure.

4. Select the source folder src and the Model Folder, and then choose Copy in the context menu (right mouse click).

Inserting Packages into the New DC Project

5. Now choose the DC project that you have just created and expand the project structure in the Navigator view down to the source folder.

6. Select the Packages node and choose Paste.

The Add Files to DTR dialog box appears.

7. Choose OK to confirm your selection.

8. Assign a DTR activity either by creating a new activity or choosing an existing one.

Execute Reload

9. Switch to Web Dynpro Explorer.

10. Choose the project node for the DC project and choose the Reload function.

11. A dialog box appears. Choose Reload again.

This function now also reloads Web Dynpro metadata into the new project.

Building the Project

12. Execute a local rebuild for the entire DC project. Choose the Rebuild project function.

13. If there are no errors in the task view, execute a DC-based build by choosing Development Component  Build.

This build is identical to the central build tool; it is needed to cater for mutual dependencies of DCs during the build.

Result

You have migrated your local Web Dynpro project into a DC project. You can now use the new DC in your local environment and test it before checking the assigned activity into the DTR.

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have worked on this long back... I can suggest you few things.. dont know these will work perfectly or not... right now I dont have NWDI also to check and tell you the exact procedure...

1) its not recommonded, but you can do this...

copy your DC folder from your work space and paste it in your DTR folder... then from DTR login, import that DC.

2) login to DTR perspective, right click on the track where you want to put your DC, click synconize, in inactive DC's you can see your DC. right click on your DC and click "create project", you will get that in to your active DC's.

correct me if I am wrong...

regards,

Pradeep

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to create a development track...

below document will help you in creating that...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/07/499a1c97fc4440bd6312d93d4010e9/frameset.htm

hope this one too will help you once you create DC

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/eb/ee8e00c0765e4db73cc2478587dfbf/frameset.htm

regards,

Pradeep

Edited by: pradeep bondla on Apr 15, 2008 9:47 AM