cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about sdm server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, when i deploy my web dynpro app using sdm server,an exception occurs:only administrator can perform the operation. I search for help from SDN , somebody gives the solution"J2EE_ADMIN should be assigned to the group SAP_J2EE_ADMIN", but i can not perform the operation. SAP_J2EE_ADMIN owns two roles:administrator and superadmin, so i assign the two roles to J2EE_ADMIN, but i still can not use sdm. are there any differences between assigning j2ee_admin to the group sap_j2ee_admin and assigning the two roles to j2ee_admin? pls let me know if you have any ideas about it! it's urgent. thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Justin,

If you are using the Dual stack system then you have to login with j2ee_admin on SDM.

Your j2ee_admin have all admin rights

Your sdm should be in integrated mode insted of standalone mode and then try to login with SDM.

This you will know when you run the sdm.bat on windows.

Rewards point if issue solve.

Regards,

Rohit Mehta

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Justin,

Can you post the exception you get while deploying the application ?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ERROR: Not updated. Deploy Service returned ERROR:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Only Administrators have the right to perform this operation.

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.update(DeployServiceImpl.java:656)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.dispatch(DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.java:1278)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:320)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:198)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:129)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

For detailed information see the log file of the Deploy Service

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Justin,

Which SAP version do you have 6.40 or 7.0 , the newever version of SAP 2004s and above use JSPM to deploy patches and other modules.

Also there is a deploy tool available.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

version 7.0 , sp11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, my problem is resolved. i logon to sapgui, and assign SAP_J2EE_ADMIN to J2EE_ADMIN user, and then everything is OK. thanks

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay so this was a config issue, i believe your J2EE_ADMIN user must already have these roles.

Can you please mark the question as answered in that case ?

Regards,

Siddhesh